1. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    03 Jul '06 20:47
    Try and figure that one out, silly boy, maybe you might begin to see the light, ,,

,,, nah, I doubt you'll ever see the light.
  2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    04 Jul '06 00:36
    ...or, How Jesus Got a Life:

http://www.atheists.org/christianity/jesuslife.html
  3. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    04 Jul '06 22:43
    Originally posted by David C
    ...or, How Jesus Got a Life:

http://www.atheists.org/christianity/jesuslife.html
    I guess nobody saw your site , YET.
  4. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    05 Jul '06 00:17
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    I guess nobody saw your site , YET.
    Even if they did, Frogman, 1700+ years of iron-fisted pulpitry and insidious, violent religious politics has a way of ingraining itself into the very fabric of our society, and the psyche of men. Just look how many posters on this forum alone believe "Jesus" was an actual person, and will "save" them from death. Silly sun-worshippers.
  5. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    05 Jul '06 18:55
    Originally posted by David C
    Even if they did, Frogman, 1700+ years of iron-fisted pulpitry and insidious, violent religious politics has a way of ingraining itself into the very fabric of our society, and the psyche of men. Just look how many posters on this forum alone believe "Jesus" was an actual person, and will "save" them from death. Silly sun-worshippers.
    They may be silly. But don't you sympathize with them? Life can be quite an existential hardship at times, and this is one wellspring of religion.
  6. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    08 Jul '06 00:23
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    They may be silly. But don't you sympathize with them? Life can be quite an existential hardship at times, and this is one wellspring of religion.
    Of course I do, pkh. In fact, I have seen firsthand the power of the faith to comfort someone in times of severe mental anguish. That's a good thing, in my humble opinion. I'm not so insensitive that I would bring any of this stuff up to someone in the midst of a personal crisis.

None of that changes the (very interesting) truth of the origin of the Jesus myth, unfortunately.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree