1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 18:173 edits
    i felt this is such a beautiful and encouraging message that it deserves its own thread, Yes, fear not, dear friends, despite the alarming state of the earths ecological system, with the depletion of ozone, huge areas of deforestation, air borne pollutants, warmest ocean temperatures on record, highest incidents of cyclones, overfishing and diminishing fishing stock, flooding, global warming, melting icecaps, desertification etc etc etc, God has promised that he will not let the earth be damaged beyond its ability to replenish itself, for he will 'bring to ruin those ruining the earth', Revelation 11:18,

thus the earth will once again become a paradise

consider these verses

But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
    And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace - psalm 37:11

Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth - Matthew 5:5

For this is what Jehovah has said, the Creator of the heavens, He the true God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited - Isaiah 45:18

The righteous themselves will possess the earth,
    And they will reside forever upon it. - Psalm 37:29

For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. - Proverbs 2:21

With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” - Revelation 21:3,4

is it not beautiful, just as God made it in the beginning, so it shall be in the end? 😲
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 21:40
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i felt this is such a beautiful and encouraging message that it deserves its own thread, Yes, fear not, dear friends, despite the alarming state of the earths ecological system, with the depletion of ozone, huge areas of deforestation, air borne pollutants, warmest ocean temperatures on record, highest incidents of cyclones, overfishing and diminishi ...[text shortened]... ,4

is it not beautiful, just as God made it in the beginning, so it shall be in the end? 😲
    Great post Robbie with hope for the future...
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    12 Jul '09 00:16
    What about Heaven?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jul '09 00:24
    Originally posted by daniel58
    What about Heaven?
    what about it?
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    12 Jul '09 04:57
    I agree that is a great post. I like were it says Behold the tabernacle of God is among men and He shall dwell with them and they will be his people and God himself shall be among them. Revelation 21 I love verse 4 He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes and there shall no longer be any death,mourning,crying or pain!

Manny

Manny
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '09 13:062 edits
    ============================
    I agree that is a great post. I like were it says Behold the tabernacle of God is among men and He shall dwell with them and they will be his people and God himself shall be among them. Revelation 21 I love verse 4 He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes and there shall no longer be any death,mourning,crying or pain!
    =========================

I agree too. But there is something better.

Which would you rather be? Would you rather be one living in the New Jerusalem or one living around the New Jerusalem walking in its light?

I would rather be one living in the New Jerusalem because they are the sons of God with the life of God.

The nations living around the New Jerusalem and who walk by her light may be very blessed. But God's purpose is with the mingling of God and man.

Adam was not united with God. But Adam had a blessed life before his sin. And he could have lived on forever. These nations living around the New Jerusalem have the tabernacle of God in their midst.

They are restored nations who will be brought into a state as Adam was before his fall.

But the constituents of New Jerusalem are in a better state. They have God living within them are a incorporated expression of God IN man.

The eternal purpose of God is much more directly related to New Jerusalem. The nations living around New Jerusalem are those over whom the sons of God in New Jerusalem reign forever and ever.

The sons of God do not reign over each other. They have to have a blessed people on the earth over whom the sons of God reign. These are the sheep nations in whose midst the holy city as the tabernacle of God is.

But those who are the constituents of New Jerusalem are God Himself united and mingled with man to be one entity.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jul '09 15:591 edit
    it is a very fine sentiment, but you people are faced with explaining why the scriptures clearly indicate that it is gods purpose, as it was in the beginning, that the earth will itself become a paradise.

8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '09 17:53
    it is a very fine sentiment, but you people are faced with explaining why the scriptures clearly indicate that it is gods purpose, as it was in the beginning, that the earth will itself become a paradise.

==============================

======================================

But notice the difference.

The sheep nations inherit the kingdom prepared for them "from the foundation of the world" (Matt.25:34).

But the sons of God had their destiny prepared from them "before the foundation of the world" (Eph. 1:4)
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 00:23
    i felt this is such a beautiful and encouraging message that it deserves its own thread, Yes, fear not, dear friends, despite the alarming state of the earths ecological system, with the depletion of ozone, huge areas of deforestation, air borne pollutants, warmest ocean temperatures on record, highest incidents of cyclones, overfishing and diminishi ...[text shortened]... ,4

The Kingdom of the Father is spread upon the earth but men do not see it.

-Gospel of Thomas
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 00:411 edit
    what has that got to do with the reference in the Psalms? what is it Jay that you fail to discern in this verse? it is not a difficult and ambiguous verse, is it? there is no flowery language, is there? its not even open to much interpretation, is it? nope, it clearly states that the righteous will reside, on the earth and they will live on it, forever. you have not explained it, one bit! what is more, it was attested to by the Christ himself, therefore you still got a lot of explaining to do!
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 00:43
    Originally posted by rwingett
    The Kingdom of the Father is spread upon the earth but men do not see it.

-Gospel of Thomas
    mmmmmmming! the merciless, is it true? the earth has the potential to replenish itself indefinitely, the eco systems are proof that it was designed to sustain life, forever.
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 00:58
    mmmmmmming! the merciless, is it true? the earth has the potential to replenish itself indefinitely, the eco systems are proof that it was designed to sustain life, forever.
    I don't know, but the greatest threat to the eco-system is capitalism. Eliminate capitalism and the earth will be saved. And in so doing, mankind will have actuated his own salvation. That is as close to doing god's work as one can get.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 01:24
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I don't know, but the greatest threat to the eco-system is capitalism. Eliminate capitalism and the earth will be saved. And in so doing, mankind will have actuated his own salvation. That is as close to doing god's work as one can get.
    here is an encouraging verse for the cause,

'Into the streets they will throw their very silver, and an abhorrent thing their own gold will become. Neither their silver nor their gold will be able to deliver them in the day of Jehovah’s fury' - Ezekiel 7:19

i thought Ming may appreciate the severity of the sentiments 🙂
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 01:30
    here is an encouraging verse for the cause,

'Into the streets they will throw their very silver, and an abhorrent thing their own gold will become. Neither their silver nor their gold will be able to deliver them in the day of Jehovah’s fury' - Ezekiel 7:19

i thought Ming may appreciate the severity of the sentiments 🙂
    Severe, perhaps, but just. Between a severe justice and a moderate injustice, people will always choose the former.
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 04:25
    The bible talks about that the old earth will pass away & that God is going to create a new heavens and earth.

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree