1. SEMO
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 18:15
    Originally posted by jaywill
    You should be careful. You don't know that. He has made at least as clear a confession to the world as George W. Bush.

I see no reason to take his word on it any less than George W. Bush.

If you do believe Bush's confession of faith in Jesus what reason do you have to not receive Obama's?
    That is just it, I don't believe Bush is any more a christian as Obama. I don't take anyones word on this matter. I look at the way they live their lives and their actions. This is how we know them, by their works.
  2. SEMO
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 18:17
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    He the only candidate that appears to be walking in the true spirit of Jesus.
    Are you trying to make me laugh or gag?
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 18:282 edits
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    That is just it, I don't believe Bush is any more a christian as Obama. I don't take anyones word on this matter. I look at the way they live their lives and their actions. This is how we know them, by their works.
    I do not use that as a criteria to determine if someone has believed in Christ the Son of God.

That may be a criteria to determine if they are an overcoming Christian rather than a defeated one.

The brotherhood of believers should receive one another in the same manner in which Christ received each of us - "Receive one another, just as Christ received you, to the glory of God." (Romans 15:7)

I do not think that "You shall know them by their fruits" was intended to create an exclusive elite of "brothers" who we deem come up to our standard of what a good Christian is.

I have no particular reason to reject Bush or Obama as my Christian brothers. They have confessed a confession which seems reasonable in terms of them each recognizing Christ as the Lord and Savior.
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 19:27
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    Are you trying to make me laugh or gag?
    Read your Bible a little more carefully. Once you get past all the pro-gun, anti-abortion rhetoric in the gospels, what's left sits pretty well with Obama's platform: feed the hungry, lift the downtrodden, comfort the afflicted, raise taxes on the rich, drive the pharisees out of the temple, and so on.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 20:311 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Obama walks no more than does a turd. He flies a private jet.
    Are you implying that turds are incapable of owning private jets? In addition, if the turd is golden it would seem it would have no problem purchasing such a jet.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 20:36
    According to The Book of Revelations the anti-christ is: The anti-christ will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations with persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal....the prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, will destroy everything is it OBAMA??
    If I recall, in Daniel I think there is some evidence that he comes from the "Beautiful Land", spoken of by Daniel. Translated, that means he comes from the land of Palestine. I think from there people infer that he is Muslim because today the majority are Muslim.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 20:55
    According to The Book of Revelations the anti-christ is: The anti-christ will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, ......
    As a matter of interest, what is actually meant by "of Mulim descent"?
    Must both of your parents be Muslim? At least one grandparent? What about futher back? If one of my many ancestors from 600 years ago was a Muslim from Spain would I qualify for the post of anti-christ?
  8. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 20:59
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    would I qualify for the post of anti-christ?
    not if you need to ask
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 02:121 edit
    [b]I can find anything and everything in Nostradamus, including support for whatever interpretation of scripture I fancy.
    Actually, I was watching an episode on the History channel about Nostradamus and he spoke of Anti-Christs. One was called Napalon who was assumed to be Napolean and the other was Hister and his crocked cross which was assumed to be Hitler and the last one was named Maubus. Shortly after I heard the name Mahmoud Abbas who is the current Palestinian leader and it occurred to me that the name in question, if true, is probably Islamic.

Of course I would not swear to the accuracy of his prophecies but it is interesting nonetheless.
  10. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 06:18
    ... Too many people would rather die than have dark skin....
    where exactly does this come from?
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 09:381 edit
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    where exactly does this come from?
    I don't know, maybe Christianity and Islam, ie. the idea of darkness being associated with badness and evil. Perhaps some other religions as well.

And since so many people are superfiscial they take the physical for the moral and spiritual.

I don't think it can be fairly attributed to the Bible maturely understood.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 09:558 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    If I recall, in Daniel I think there is some evidence that he comes from the "Beautiful Land", spoken of by Daniel. Translated, that means he comes from the land of Palestine. I think from there people infer that he is Muslim because today the majority are Muslim.
    You may be refering to one of two passages.

"He will enter into the beautiful land ..." (Dan 11:41). If that does refer to the Antichrist it only says that he "will enter" into that land but not that it is the land of his origin.

Then again you could be refering to Daniel 11:16. which says "And he will stand in the brautiful land ...". That of course is standing, not necessarily meaning that it is the land of his origin (if it refers to Antichrist).

The beautiful land is Israel. Daniel was in captivity and longed to return to his homeland of Israel - "the beautiful land".

Now I am very rusty on this subject, but I think the verse which some point to as revealing his place of origin is here:

"And out of one of them [horns] came forth a little horn, which grew very great toward the south, toward the east, and toward that which is beautiful." (Daniel 8:9).

The teaching I received was that "toward" the three directions would leave a fourth direction which would likely be that of the origin of the little horn. It was reasoned that that direction would be toward Greece.
  13. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 12:012 edits
    I don't know, maybe Christianity and Islam, ie. the idea of darkness being associated with badness and evil. Perhaps some other religions as well.

And since so many people are superfiscial they take the physical for the moral and spiritual.

I don't think it can be fairly attributed to the Bible maturely understood.
    Out of the sub-conscious into the light eh?

Where in the bible does it says anything negative about dark skin? You did say dark skin, not darkness... and you did say 'So it probably won't be anyone of Obama's color.'
  14. SEMO
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 12:07
    Read your Bible a little more carefully. Once you get past all the pro-gun, anti-abortion rhetoric in the gospels, what's left sits pretty well with Obama's platform: feed the hungry, lift the downtrodden, comfort the afflicted, raise taxes on the rich, drive the pharisees out of the temple, and so on.
    And an all the while, while he does this, he gets rich? He is doing this for a profit, for merit. If he really wanted to do these things for Christ he wouldn't be doing it for the publicity.
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 12:341 edit
    Originally posted by snowinscotland

Where in the bible does it says anything negative about dark skin? You did say dark skin, not darkness... and you did say 'So it probably won't be anyone of Obama's color.'
    ========================
    ===============================

I don't know what you mean by this.

=======================================
    ===================================

It does not say anything negative about dark skin per se.

The history of racism draws adhoc and phony support from some teachers from the Bible.

For example some taught that the mark God put on Cain was darkness of skin.

Others thought the Noah curse upon Canaan was a curse upon all descendents of Ham seeing Canaan was a son of Ham and Ham means burnt or black.

Such extravagant interpretations have fueled racism in all three religions of Judiasm, Christianity and Islam.

My comment about Obama was not that serious. It was a tongue and cheek reaction against the age old habit of people assigning their political dislikes to the identify of Antichrist.

I do not know the pigmentation of the skin of the coming Antichrist.

IF I offended you, sorry.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree