1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 May '22 20:501 edit
    @divegeester
    So the Holy Spirit is the same spirit as the spirit of Jesus and also the prairie of Jehovah?

If I use a small s in writing "the spirit of Jesus" I refer to the HUMAN spirit of Jesus.

For Jesus was and is a man and all men possess a human spirit.

If I use the capital S in speaking of "the Spirit of Jesus" I refer to the Third Person of the Trinity - the Holy Spirit.

The spirit [small s] of Jesus means for me the HUMAN spirit of the man Jesus.
    The captital [large S] of Jesus means for me God the Spirit.

No one said the Bible is always easy to understand.
    Jesus, the man, possessed and still possess a human spirit.

Everyone reading this post possesses a human spirit.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '22 13:263 edits
    Other irrefutable evidence of the eternal Son of God can be seen in Hebrews as the writer definitely uses Psalm 102:25-27 and Isaiah 51:6 to desribe the Son as the eternal Creator.

Examine:

Hebrews 1:9-12 " . . . therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of exultant joy above Your partners"; And, " Your in the beginning, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the works of Your hands; They will perish, but You remain perpetually, and they all will become old like a garment,

And like a mantle You will roll them up; like a garment they will also be changed; but You are the same, and Your yuears will not fail."

1.) He speaks of the Son of God.
    2.) The Son of God has the Father as His God.

3.) The Son of God who is addressed as God will have "partners" above which He is especially anointed and especially joyful above all their joy.

"Your God, has anointed You with the oil of exultant joy above Your partners."

You see the Son is both God and man with transformed and glorified human partners. They rejoice in His salvation.

4.) The Son is the Lord Who laid the foundation of the world.
    5.) The heavens are the work of the Son's hands.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" (Gen. 1:1)

6.) They will perish but the Son their Creator never will.
    "They will perioh, but You remain perpetually"

7.) The creation will become old like a garment and rolled up and changed needing reenwal. But the Son will never pass away but remains perpetually. He remains eternally "the same".

" . . . like a garment they will also be changed; but You are the same, and Your years will not fail."

Psalm 102 is about David crying out to Jehovah God.

IE. "O Jehovah, hear my prayer; And let my cry come unto You. Do not hide Your face from me on the day of my distress;" (v.1a)
    IE. "But You, O Jehovah, abide forever; And Your memorial is from generation to generation." (v.12)
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '22 13:501 edit
    God can have partners after His incarnation, life, and redeeming death and resurrection to secure "organic" borthers - fellow sons of His Father.

"But of the Son, Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, . . . You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of exultant joy above Your partners." (Heb. 1:8a,9)

Compare:

"For we have become partners of the Christ, if indeed we hold fast the beginning of the asurance firm to the end . . . " (Hebrews 3:14)

The Elder Brother Christ, the Son of God remains forever.
    The brothers, the sons being led by Him into glory, His partners also remain forever -reigning forever and ever.

Forget DIvegeester's delusion that the "office" of the Son of God becomes obsolete. He and His partners remain eternally.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 May '22 18:50
    There is no mention anywhere in the bible of either a “trinity” teaching, nor of an “eternal son”.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 May '22 03:041 edit
    @divegeester

The Bible says of the Son of God-

"You in the beginning, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands. They will perish, but You remain PERPETUALLY . . . " (Heb. 1:10,11)

Will the Son of God "remain perpetually" or will the Son of God NOT "remain perpetually?"
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '22 22:33
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

The Bible says of the Son of God-

"You in the beginning, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands. They will perish, but You remain PERPETUALLY . . . " (Heb. 1:10,11)

Will the Son of God "remain perpetually" or will the Son of God NOT "remain perpetually?"
    Care to cite which version or versions of the bible says “perpetually”?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 May '22 11:091 edit
    @divegeester

The Recovery Version Bible published by Living Stream Ministry.

"They will perish, but You remain perpetually; and they all will become old like a garment." (Hebrews 1:11)

Other English renderings:

International Standard Version
    They will come to an end, but you will remain forever. They will all wear out like clothes

Douay-Rheims Bible
    They shall perish, but thou shalt continue: and they shall all grow old as a garment.

American Standard Version
    They shall perish; but thou continuest: And they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

Amplified Bible
    THEY WILL PERISH, BUT YOU REMAIN [forever and ever]; AND THEY WILL ALL WEAR OUT LIKE A GARMENT,
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 May '22 11:11
    Anderson New Testament
    They shall perish; but thou remainest: and they all shall grow old as a garment;

Godbey New Testament
    These shall perish; but thou dost remain: truly all these shall wax old like a garment;

Haweis New Testament
    They will be destroyed, but thou remainest; and they all will grow old as a garment,

Mace New Testament
    they shall perish, but thou shalt remain: and they all shall come to an end like an old garment;

Weymouth New Testament
    The heavens will perish, but Thou remainest; and they will all grow old like a garment,

Worrell New Testament
    They shall perish, but Thou continuest; and they will all become old as does a garment;

Worsley New Testament
    they shall perish, but thou remainest; and they shall all grow old as a garment,
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 May '22 11:131 edit
    Divegeester, would you supply us with the translation which says "office of the Son of God" or "office of the Son" or "Son's office"?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 May '22 11:54
    @sonship said
    Divegeester, would you supply us with the translation which says "office of the Son of God" or "office of the Son" or "Son's office"?
    I’ll stick to my own thread thanks, you can ask the question their.

As FMF noted yesterday…
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 May '22 12:081 edit
    Suit yourself.

The Eternal Son is a fact. Sorry.

I would say that if there is no eternal Son there is no eternal life.

"And this is the testimony, that God gave to us eternal life and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life." (1 John 5:10,11)

I might go on to say that "the eternal Father" (Isa. 9:6) strongly indicates both an eternal Son and fortunately sons who have eternal life.

If there are no sons, to whom is Yahweh an "Eternal Father" (Isa. 9:6) ?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 May '22 12:11
    @divegeester
    I’ll stick to my own thread thanks, you can ask the question their.

As FMF noted yesterday…

Another high five from the atheists?
    Why am I not suprised?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree