1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Apr '11 22:31
    Originally posted by rwingett
    The difference between you and the great apes is not as much as you seem to think it is.
    And much more than you think there is.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Apr '11 22:37
    Originally posted by amannion
    Here's an interesting fact for you JW. Detailed brain studies of humans (and their skulls) from the past few tens of thousands of years show that the human brain is getting smaller.
    That's right - assuming that the brain's size is some measure of our intellect - it seems that over time we're all getting dumber. How can that be you ask? (Well checking out t ...[text shortened]... turally created by their bonobo god or evolved from the rest of life on earth.
    "But who knows?"

Exactly what I'm saying. Evolution=who knows?

By the time you all finish learning all that evolution has to teach, you still won't know anything. 😉
  3. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    10 Apr '11 22:53
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"But who knows?"

Exactly what I'm saying. Evolution=who knows?

By the time you all finish learning all that evolution has to teach, you still won't know anything. 😉[/b]
    Well, on the one hand I've got the evidence, the model making, the predictions, the rationality and logic of a scientific explanation.
    On the other hand I've got a book, full of contradictions and horrendous moral guidelines that it's supporters claim was written by a magical bearded fairy in the sky.
    Hmmmm.
    I wonder which one makes more sense ....?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '11 22:543 edits
    Well, on the one hand I've got the evidence, the model making, the predictions, the rationality and logic of a scientific explanation.
    On the other hand I've got a book, full of contradictions and horrendous moral guidelines that it's supporters claim was written by a magical bearded fairy in the sky.
    Hmmmm.
    full of contradictions? do tell. One or two shall suffice to get us started.
  5. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 00:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    full of contradictions? do tell. One or two shall suffice to get us started.
    Some examples for you ...

The two contradictory creation stories in Genesis for starters.

Who is the Joseph's father?
    Matthew 1:16 'And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.'
    Luke 3:23 'And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.'

Who was at Jesus's tomb?
    Matthew 28:1 'In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.'
    Mark 16:1 'And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.'
    John 20:1 'The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.'

Shall I go on?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 00:50
    Hmmmm.
    Well, since you put it that way...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree