1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 09:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]“Whom will he teach knowledge?
    And whom will he make to understand the message?
    Those just weaned from milk?
    Those just drawn from the breasts?
    For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept,
    Line upon line, line upon line,
    Here a little, there a little.”

(Isaiah 28:9-10 NKJV)

The significance is that the true message of the Holy ...[text shortened]... putting it all together in a reasonable and logical order and not jumping to quick conclusions.[/b]
    The assumption that there were only others crucified with Christ has been widely driven by the mainstream churches and accepted by the clergy and laity for centuries. How is that "jumping to quick conclusions"? Also I think every Christian here would agree that "jumping to quick conclusions" was not the right way to approach scripture, so I'm not clear who you are aiming your point at or in what circumstances?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 14:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The assumption that there were only others crucified with Christ has been widely driven by the mainstream churches and accepted by the clergy and laity for centuries. How is that "jumping to quick conclusions"? Also I think every Christian here would agree that "jumping to quick conclusions" was not the right way to approach scripture, so I'm not clear who you are aiming your point at or in what circumstances?
    from the book of right on
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 15:111 edit
    I read this and agree there were probably 4 but is there any significance in this?
    There are legions of people trying to water down the message in the Bible.

I see it all the time on the History channel. I turn to a program because I hear it will be about something from the Bible that interests me, and then the whole show is people arguing over "did it really happen", "should the Bible be taken seriously" and all this stuff. Changing the facts of what happened is right down this alley.

I see a time quickly coming when Christians will be in the minority, even in America. It's only one small step from becoming a minority to becoming persecuted. By the time of the Tribulation, Christians will be actively hunted down and if they don't take the mark, they will be killed for their belief.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 15:381 edit
    I know what the mainstream churches teach about the crucifixion and it is that there was one, not two, on each side of Jesus and that it was on Friday, not Wednesday. In short, they teach error because they don't bother to put precept upon precept, line upon line, by looking here a little, and there a little in order to complete the picture.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 15:47
    Originally posted by Suzianne

I see it all the time on the History channel. I turn to a program because I hear it will be about something from the Bible that interests me, and then the whole show is people arguing over "did it really happen", "should the Bible be taken seriously" and all this stuff. Changing ...[text shortened]... l be actively hunted down and if they don't take the mark, they will be killed for their belief.
    The History channel is notorious for bringing up doubt to the accuracy of the Holy Bible and misrepresentation in their attempt to change biblical history to a myth.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 15:51

I see it all the time on the History channel. I turn to a program because I hear it will be about something from the Bible that interests me, and then the whole show is people arguing over "did it really happen", "should the Bible be taken seriously" and all this stuff. Changing ...[text shortened]... l be actively hunted down and if they don't take the mark, they will be killed for their belief.
    tell that to the jews
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 16:45

You Christians have been crying about being persecuted for 2000 years,
    All the while actively and successfully persecuting anyone and everyone
    who wasn't part of the local Christian majority.

Fortunately for you, atheists and secularists generally take human and civil
    rights seriously and are thus incredibly unlikely to persecute you.

It's ok, you can take the tinfoil hat off, you don't need it.
    The doomsday you fear is never going to happen.

Chill, and enjoy life.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 17:07
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    You Christians have been crying about being persecuted for 2000 years,
    All the while actively and successfully persecuting anyone and everyone
    who wasn't part of the local Christian majority.

Fortunately for you, atheists and secularists generally take human and civil
    rights seriously and are thus incredibly unlikely to persecute you.

It's ...[text shortened]... f, you don't need it.
    The doomsday you fear is never going to happen.

Chill, and enjoy life.
    You guys take your civil rights seriously, not that of Christians. You want to silence our point of view in the public even now.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 17:22
    You guys take your civil rights seriously, not that of Christians. You want to silence our point of view in the public even now.
    Wrong.

We want it to 'not be privileged', not 'be silenced'.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 17:30
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Wrong.

We want it to 'not be privileged', not 'be silenced'.
    The Truth shall prevail in the end.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 08:05
    ...In short, they teach error because they don't bother to put precept upon precept, line upon line, by looking here a little, and there a little in order to complete the picture.
    Is that the process by which you can to the conclusion that the Turin shroud is proof of the resurrection?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 08:18
    Is that the process by which you can to the conclusion that the Turin shroud is proof of the resurrection?
    Certainly. The pieces of the puzzle from the Holy Bible fit the picture image on the Shroud of Turin and the blood evidence from the Sudarium of Oviedo.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 13:33
    Certainly. The pieces of the puzzle from the Holy Bible fit the picture image on the Shroud of Turin and the blood evidence from the Sudarium of Oviedo.
    you should do stand up your so funny it hurts.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 18:541 edit
    So you're not making assumptions or drawing arbitrary inferences or anything like that? The existence of the Turin shroud IS in your opinion, evidence of the resurrection?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 11:38
    So you're not making assumptions or drawing arbitrary inferences or anything like that? The existence of the Turin shroud IS in your opinion, evidence of the resurrection?
    There are no assumptions about the facts of the Shroud, but some of us are making the inference that the resurrection is the only logical cause since no one else has put forward any other logical cause.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree