1. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '05 18:21
    if i were a megalomaniacal god who wanted nothing more than to be worshipped 24/7 by minions of my own creation, why would i peddle my message through word of mouth and written word? why would i count on words at all? being that i am also omni-whatnot, i could simply program these minions with innate knowledge of everything that i ask of them. this knowledge would be untrammelled and unfettered by silly things like inaccuracies in transcription and reading comprehension and the inability of words to spread to everyone.

note that i would only be forcing some divine knowledge onto my minions; i would not be forcing their hands in any way, and i could easily still give them free will to choose whether or not to follow my instructions.

many of them would still rebel against me because, after all, i am a megalomaniacal, egotistical ball of pride and many of my instructions make no sense; in fact, some would probably say they wished i had not forced such knowledge onto them because they would rather never know me. but at least i could say to these rebels that i gave them every chance before i zealously torture them for all eternity. i could say to this rebel "you knew darn well you would be put to death for lying with beasts!," and i could say to another "you knew you were just asking for it when you refused to stone that member of your congregation who blasphemed my name!"

wouldn't this be a more effective way to govern?
  2. The sky
    Moves
    23 Jun '05 18:40
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    if i were a megalomaniacal god who wanted nothing more than to be worshipped 24/7 by minions of my own creation, why would i peddle my message through word of mouth and written word? why would i count on words at all? being that i am also omni-whatnot, i could simply program these minions with innate knowledge of everything that i ask of them. this kno ...[text shortened]... ur congregation who blasphemed my name!"

wouldn't this be a more effective way to govern?
    Yeah, but what if you were a megalomaniacal god who, besides wanting to be worshipped 24/7, also wants some entertainment and likes Theatre of the Absurd?
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '05 19:21
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Yeah, but what if you were a megalomaniacal god who, besides wanting to be worshipped 24/7, also wants some entertainment and likes Theatre of the Absurd?
    yes, i suppose i would rather enjoy some sport.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree