1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 15:35
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Everybody will do with is right in their own eyes.

Someone like you will see the word 'believe', and the expression 'love God', and you will form your opinion on what that entails eg you will call on Jesus name several times a day, or tell people how much to love God etc

There are some who will see these same things and will follow their conscience [a ...[text shortened]... other things which Jesus commanded them to do.

Everybody in the end will be judged by Christ.
    Some will see it and do what they believe is right but will actually do what is wrong.

As a matter of fact, according to Jesus most people will get it wrong.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 15:371 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Some will see it and do what they believe is right but will actually do what is wrong.

As a matter of fact, according to Jesus most people will get it wrong.
    Give me an example of your first sentence, and a reference from Jesus for the second.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 15:451 edit
    Give me an example of your first sentence, and a reference from Jesus for the second.
    Example?

A guy who marries another guy and living a loving monogamous sexual relationship.

Jesus?

Matthew 7

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 16:57
    Example?

A guy who marries another guy and living a loving monogamous sexual relationship.

Jesus?

Matthew 7

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
    Many people do whatever they feel like doing, rather than what they know to be right. I already said that Jesus Christ is the only judge of that.

Your reference is correct. No argument about that.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 17:04
    Many people do whatever they feel like doing, rather than what they know to be right. I already said that Jesus Christ is the only judge of that.

Your reference is correct. No argument about that.
    How do you know they know what is right and simply do what they want?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 17:11
    How do you know they know what is right and simply do what they want?
    The knowledge of good and evil .. inherited from Adam. Its called the conscience. people can choose either one. Those who choose good are children of God and who choose evil are children of the devil.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 17:24
    The knowledge of good and evil .. inherited from Adam. Its called the conscience. people can choose either one. Those who choose good are children of God and who choose evil are children of the devil.
    I figure most do what is right in their own mind. Jesus described it as what is in their heart. Knowledge of good and evil does not imply the wisdom to discern correctly what is actually good and was is actually evil. It simply means people are aware that they exist. Many people call it morality.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 18:431 edit
    I figure most do what is right in their own mind. Jesus described it as what is in their heart. Knowledge of good and evil does not imply the wisdom to discern correctly what is actually good and was is actually evil. It simply means people are aware that they exist. Many people call it morality.
    Its simple .. Without knowledge there is no sin.
    Therefore if someone does something wrong and genuinely does not know that its a sin then it will not count as a sin.
    People for the most part, know good from evil and right from wrong.
    Only Christ knows who knows and who does not know.
    We cannot judge these things.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 19:02
    Its simple .. Without knowledge there is no sin.
    Therefore if someone does something wrong and genuinely does not know that its a sin then it will not count as a sin.
    People for the most part, know good from evil and right from wrong.
    Only Christ knows who knows and who does not know.
    We cannot judge these things.
    Without knowledge there is no sin? Is that in the Bible somewhere?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 19:18
    Without knowledge there is no sin? Is that in the Bible somewhere?
    Read the New Testament, and get back to me.
    If you dont I would assume you are not interested in discussing it.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 19:20
    Read the New Testament, and get back to me.
    If you dont I would assume you are not interested in discussing it.
    In other words, it isn't in the Bible. It just seems right to you.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 19:33
    In other words, it isn't in the Bible. It just seems right to you.
    I take it you are not interested.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 19:56
    I take it you are not interested.
    Not in your extra biblical theories.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 21:14
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Matthew 22:36-37

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."
    As usual the best way to understand what that would entail is to look to the words spoken by Jesus while He walked the Earth.

Jesus gave clear guidance as to what "love" entails:
    John 14
    15“If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.
    21“He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.”
    23Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. 24“He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s who sent Me.

Above Jesus established an equivalency between loving Him and keeping His commandments.

Jesus gave clear guidance as to the foundation for His commandments in the verses that immediately follow those cited in the OP:
    Matthew 22
    39“The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ 40“On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”

Above Jesus established an equivalency between His commandments and loving your neighbor.

Or as another way to look at it:
    Matthew 7
    12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Therefore loving God entails loving your neighbor, i.e., doing to others what you would have them do to you.

JS357 and rajk999 go to the head of the class.

"Whoever has ears, let them hear."
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 15:06
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    As usual the best way to understand what that would entail is to look to the words spoken by Jesus while He walked the Earth.

Jesus gave clear guidance as to what "love" entails:
    [quote]John 14
    15“If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.
    21“He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by ...[text shortened]... to you.

JS357 and rajk999 go to the head of the class.

"Whoever has ears, let them hear."
    Maybe the poor guy has no ears ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree