1. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 22:54
    Originally posted by @sonship
    The first purpose of the [b]"another Comforter" ... is to COMFORT them

In John's Gospel the actual coming into the disciples of "another Comforter" occurs when the resurrected Jesus breaths INTO His disciples to give them "peace" by means of the Holy breath or Holy Spirit.

[quote] " ... the doors were shut whe ...[text shortened]... them giving them a divine peace. That is a peace that neither the world or religion can provide.
    How does divine peace come?
    Can you explain further?
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 23:01
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Shortly after Jesus was crucified, resurrected and ascended.
    The Day of Pentecost came and the disciples received the Holy Spirit
    The early church was set up in keeping with the commandments of Christ
    The followers had all things in common, shared their earthly belongings with the poor.

Now in these times, the Christian church preaches another doctrin ...[text shortened]... t is necessary

Yet no Christian can produce any evidence of Jesus saying any of these things.
    "Yet no Christian can produce any evidence of Jesus saying any of these things."

Haven't read Isaiah 44:6 and Revelation 22:13 yet? It's Jesus speaking, but you don't want to hear everything He says do you? Just the parts you can twist your perverted doctrine out of.

You stated above that no Christian can produce any evidence. Here's the evidence. Now let's see if you have any truth in you, or integrity to address the verses I provided.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 23:12
    Originally posted by @secondson
    [b]"Yet no Christian can produce any evidence of Jesus saying any of these things."

Haven't read Isaiah 44:6 and Revelation 22:13 yet? It's Jesus speaking, but you don't want to hear everything He says do you? Just the parts you can twist your perverted doctrine out of.

You stated above that no Christian can produce any evidence. Here's t ...[text shortened]... ence. Now let's see if you have any truth in you, or integrity to address the verses I provided.[/b]
    The words of Isaiah represent the words of Jesus Christ?

Prove that and we will talk further otherwise Sush .. let the big guns talk.. thanks
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 23:31

Prove that and we will talk further otherwise Sush .. let the big guns talk.. thanks
    “Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.”

(Isaiah 44:6)

Isaiah was a prophet who spoke for God. Jesus Christ is God and exists eternally, just as God the Father exists eternally.
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 23:49

You can't possibly be that dense.

The verses I provided as evidence, that you said no Christian can produce, proves that Jesus is God.

You asked for evidence, now have the courage to examine it.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 00:181 edit
    You can't possibly be that dense.

The verses I provided as evidence, that you said no Christian can produce, proves that Jesus is God.

You asked for evidence, now have the courage to examine it.
    What you seem to need to consider is that with the verses you provided Jesus does not explicitly claim literally to be God. All you have what you read into those verses. It's pure speculation on your part.

You also seem to need to consider that rajk999 has provided not only much more evidence, but evidence that is much more explicit that Jesus did not consider Himself literally to be God.

If anyone is doing any "twisting", it is you.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 00:41
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    What you seem to need to consider is that with the verses you provided Jesus does not explicitly claim literally to be God. All you have what you read into those verses. It's pure speculation on your part.

You also seem to need to consider that rajk999 has provided not only much more evidence, but evidence that is much more explicit that Jesus did not consider Himself literally to be God.

If anyone is doing any "twisting", it is you.
    "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God." Isaiah 44:6

Capital L capital O capital R capital D = Jehovah

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." Revelation 22:13

If you say that those two verses are not the words of Jesus the messiah, King of Israel, the LORD of hosts, and beside me there is no God, then you are deceived and a deceiver.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 00:48
    While Jesus was on the earth, He did not have the same status as God the Father or the same status He had before He arrived on earth.

“But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,”

(Hebrews 2:9-11)

In Jesus’ words...

“I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.”

(John 16:28)

“Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.”

(John 8:42)
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 00:51
    For those who think Jesus was just an angel...

“God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?”

(Hebrews 1)
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 00:53
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    For those who think Jesus was just an angel...

“God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his pers ...[text shortened]... tering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?”

(Hebrews 1)
    Notice that God the Father calls Jesus “God” in this verse from Hebrews chapter 1:

“But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.”

(Hebrews 1:8)
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 02:112 edits
    "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God." Isaiah 44:6

Capital L capital O capital R capital D = Jehovah

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." Revelation 22:13

If you say that those two verses are not the word ...[text shortened]... ORD of hosts, and beside [b]me
    there is no God, then you are deceived and a deceiver.[/b]
    Not sure, but you seem to believe that it is Jesus speaking in Isaiah 44:6 rather than God. This would also speculation on your part. Whatever the case you need to more explicitly make your argument.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 03:26
    Not sure, but you seem to believe that it is Jesus speaking in Isaiah 44:6 rather than God. This would also speculation on your part. Whatever the case you need to more explicitly make your argument.
    Jesus is God so it really makes no difference whether God the Father or Jesus Christ the Son is speaking in Isaiah 44:6. It’s clear there is a duality in that verse.
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 09:48
    It is a direct quote of God speaking in Isaiah, and it is a direct quote of Jesus speaking in Revelation saying the exact same thing. Both verses are a direct quote spoken by one and the same person. It's irrefutable evidence. And there are dozens and dozens more references throughout scripture that attest to the same conclusion.

On this single irrefutable evidence of the true identity of God does fail the doctrine promoted by both you and Rajk.

The truth will set you free.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 11:394 edits
    Can you explain further?
    Can you explain further?

First divine peace comes to be through Christ's justification.

Romans 8:10 says that the human spirit becomes divine life because of righteousness.

"But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the spirit is life because of righteousness."
    (Rom. 8:16, Recovery Version)

The comatose and deadened human spirit is a troubling unease to every person born in this fallen world. When Jesus Christ becomes to the believer righteousness, the human spirit is infused with God Himself as divine life.

" ... the spirit is life because of righteousness"

Immediately, a supernatural PEACE is created and rises up in one's innermost being because she or he is made right with God. Divine life BECAUSE of righteousness.

This righteousness imparted into our being is Christ Himself who becomes our righteousness, and we become the righteousness of God IN Him.

1.) Christ becomes TO US - righteousness.

"But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became wisdom to us from God: both RIGHTEOUSNESS and sanctification and redemption.

That as it is written, He who boasts, let him boast in the Lord." (1 Cor, 1:30,31)

2.) We become the righteousness of God in Christ.

" Him who did not know sin He made sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Cor. 5:21)
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 11:481 edit
    Can you explain further?

Above I quoted to you that Christ becomes our righteousness - (1 Cor. 1:30,31). I also told you the believers become the righteousness of God !!... in Him. (2 Cor. 5:21).

Understand that we Christians have PEACE towards God because of justification out of faith.

" Therefore having been justified out of faith, we have peace toward God through our Lord Jesus Christ." (Rom. 5:1 Recovery Version)

Do not twist this into slandering me that I teach disobedience to the commands of Christ. That is a slanderous accusation Rajk999.

But we have PEACE TOWARDS GOD ... by means of justification through faith in Jesus Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree