1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    23 Sep '16 09:52
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Ok let me be clear; I agree that over the centuries some people have attributed images of horned goaty things to being lucifer/Satan, but the "template" for lucifer was laid out in the ancient Hebrew texts.
    I said template for the image of satan.. The demonization of the pagan horned god.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '16 16:45
    Originally posted by apathist
    wiki [b]Devil in Christianity
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_in_Christianity

Particularly in the medieval period, Satan was often shown as having horns and a goat's hindquarters ... and with a tail. He was also depicted as carrying a pitchfork,[20] the implement used in Hell to torment the damned, ...
    None of these images seem to be ...[text shortened]... le or any other religious text. Rather, this image is apparently based on pagan Horned Gods, ...[/b]
    Ridiculous.

Hillary has neither horns nor a pitch fork.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 03:28
    I said template for the [b]image of satan.. The demonization of the pagan horned god.[/b]
    No you didn't. Can't you even be bothered to check your own OP one page back? 🙄
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 08:42
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No you didn't. Can't you even be bothered to check your own OP one page back? 🙄
    I did. My third and fifth posts, both of them in response to you and your point.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 08:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    Hillary has neither horns nor a pitch fork.
    Demonization is still a useful tactic I guess, but I'm sure that using it indicates poor thinking.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 02:091 edit
    The god of the hunt. As old as the earth mother, maybe, but harder to pin down. Before agriculture, without a successful hunt the tribe will fail.

Was used by Christians as a template for Lucifer, in their pogrom to overthrow all pagan (non-Christian!) beliefs.
    Known as Pan, Cernunnos, the Green Man and Herne the Hunter.

Lucifer is the star we know as Venus or the Morning Star which rises in the morning like the Sun but is nothing compared to the real Sun.

The devil's pitchfork may be based on Neptune's trident.

Muslims do the same thing to pagans.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 15:36
    The god of the hunt. As old as the earth mother, maybe, but harder to pin down. Before agriculture, without a successful hunt the tribe will fail.

Was used by Christians as a template for Lucifer, in their pogrom to overthrow all pagan (non-Christian!) beliefs.
    The funny part is, why would a god of any kind need horns? A god with real powers would just go *nasty look* and one dead cow or whatever🙂
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    12 Oct '16 08:38
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The funny part is, why would a god of any kind need horns? A god with real powers would just go *nasty look* and one dead cow or whatever🙂
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horned_deity

Horns have ever been present in religious imagery as symbols of fertility and power.[42][43] It was not until Christianity attributed horns to Satan as part of his iconography that horned gods became associated with evil in Western mythology:[44]
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Oct '16 14:41
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horned_deity

Horns have ever been present in religious imagery as symbols of fertility and power.[42][43] It was not until Christianity attributed horns to Satan as part of his iconography that horned gods became associated with evil in Western mythology:[44]
    It does go to show how gullible people really are. Some mushroom addled assshole comes in from the desert and says he spoke to god and it answered back, all of a sudden you have instant converts and a new religion is born.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Oct '16 18:19
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It does go to show how gullible people really are. Some mushroom addled assshole comes in from the desert and says he spoke to god and it answered back, all of a sudden you have instant converts and a new religion is born.
    Not the desert. The Horned God lives in the woods.

YouTube : Pagan Yule

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree