1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    10 Oct '13 17:18
    Seems pretty unlikely to me, but interesting nonetheless.

    http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86385
    10 Oct '13 17:41
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Seems pretty unlikely to me, but interesting nonetheless.

    http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm
    Had a quick scan though and while the idea of denying Christ is far from original, the concept of making money from denying Christ is true stroke of genius.

    For me it immediately fell apart when he starts talking about the Romans running out of ideas on how to suppress rebellion and resorting to psychological warfare. Seriously!

    Still an innovative money making scheme.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35531
    10 Oct '13 18:42
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Still an innovative money making scheme.
    "But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

    For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." -- 1 Timothy 6:9-10, KJV

    When will they learn?
  4. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    10 Oct '13 19:022 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

    For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." -- 1 Timothy 6:9-10, KJV

    When will they learn?
    perdition? coveted? get yourself a real Bible Sista! beep! beep!
  5. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    West Coast Rioter
    tinyurl.com/y7loem9q
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    10 Oct '13 19:19
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Had a quick scan though and while the idea of denying Christ is far from original, the concept of making money from denying Christ is true stroke of genius.

    For me it immediately fell apart when he starts talking about the Romans running out of ideas on how to suppress rebellion and resorting to psychological warfare. Seriously!

    Still an innovative money making scheme.
    Crucifiction WAS psychological warfare. The thing about Jesus is that it didn't work with him; his following continued to grow and grow.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86385
    10 Oct '13 19:331 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Crucifiction WAS psychological warfare. The thing about Jesus is that it didn't work with him; his following continued to grow and grow.
    Yes it was, but you know what I meant.
  7. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Joined
    05 Jun '13
    Moves
    21312
    11 Oct '13 04:11
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

    For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." -- 1 Timothy 6:9-10, KJV

    When will they learn?
    Tell that to these people:

    http://preachers-of-la.oxygen.com/?camp=CME:ESSENCE&cid=CME:ESSENCE#fbid=1JfSoUYzcqF

    here's a better video about the premiere of the show:
    YouTube
  8. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    11 Oct '13 06:27
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The thing about Jesus is that it didn't work with him; ......
    Yes it did. There weren't too many people claiming to be the messiah after that.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35531
    11 Oct '13 16:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    perdition? coveted? get yourself a real Bible Sista! beep! beep!
    What's the matter, are those words too big for your little second-grade mind?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35531
    11 Oct '13 16:58
    Originally posted by empovsun
    Tell that to these people:

    http://preachers-of-la.oxygen.com/?camp=CME:ESSENCE&cid=CME:ESSENCE#fbid=1JfSoUYzcqF

    here's a better video about the premiere of the show:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml8bQDnnkKk
    That's just horrible.

    I'd rather see these people in the streets, communing with the people who really need them, just like Christ did. They should be ashamed.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35531
    11 Oct '13 21:47
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Seems pretty unlikely to me, but interesting nonetheless.

    http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm
    All in all, it's just another brick in the wall.

    Not all false prophets have to claim to BE Jesus. Some will claim Jesus never existed, and some will be led astray.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35531
    11 Oct '13 21:52
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes it did. There weren't too many people claiming to be the messiah after that.
    Only because the word was being spread: "He has risen!"
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    11 Oct '13 23:035 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes it did. There weren't too many people claiming to be the messiah after that.
    That depends on what your definion of "too many" is.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_messiah_claimants

    There are about 70 listed from those days to present. This doesn't count the ones who were not historically noteworthy.

    The following site says, "In The United States and leading western countries, there exists today tens of thousands of people institutionalized who believe themselves to be the Messiah."

    http://www.ucadia.com/me/m12/m122000.htm

    And this site says, about the Messiah Complex, "Little is known about the disorder, but it is believed that as many as 10% of the population may hold similar beliefs in one form or another, though not significant enough to warrant a diagnosis."

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah_complex

    Finally, this site doesn't make frequency estimates but supports the fact that it is a clinically recognized disorder.

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/95508

    So each of us might have come across someone with at least, leanings. Edit: I wonder if any of them are here?
  14. Joined
    04 Mar '11
    Moves
    4714
    13 Oct '13 11:28
    This is nothing new! Jesus was made up by the council of nicea in 325AD. Serapis was a man made person which is a comination of the egyptian gods Osiris + Apis = Serapis. Serapis was given a human form which they named Jesus. please check it out.. The new testament was written my the Piso family, which was Romans, Nothing new guys, but this is what they dont want the mases of people to find out as it blows away religion. The original Jesus is Heru, which they took from the Egypians. Through out time there have been more than 16 cruxified saviours, the same story re-told to different people. Peace & Blessings
  15. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    13 Oct '13 12:22
    Originally posted by JS357
    That depends on what your definion of "too many" is.
    I am only referring to the location and period in which he lived. He was crucified in order to:
    a) stop his group growing and causing trouble.
    b) stop other groups like his appearing and causing trouble.
    It could be argued that a) failed, but it took quite a while for his followers to regroup and even then they mostly left the area and did their preaching elsewhere.
    I still say his crucifixion was a success in that it almost certainly served as a deterrent to other claimants to messiah hood for some time after the event - and I am only really talking of 50 years or so, nor am I claiming that no such people existed, only that they would have thought twice before going around calling themselves the messiah.
Back to Top