1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 13:48
    @secondson said
    If you were genuinely sincere you wouldn't waste so much ink squirming away from direct points made by others, and deflecting from the heart of the discussions.
    Do you agree with what I suggested about how a lot of the knowledge we have would be rendered "illusory" by obstacles to sources of information?
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 15:35
    @fmf said
    Not "all" of "it", no. But the idea of someone being "the Main Poster" on a message board like this is something to joke about, yes.
    I don't hear anyone laughing. (Joking)
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 15:51
    @fmf said
    Do you agree with what I suggested about how a lot of the knowledge we have would be rendered "illusory" by obstacles to sources of information?
    Could be, but I think also the opposite is true. In fact I think it's the main reason why "knowledge" is in short supply.

Illusory knowledge is caused by sources of misinformation. Real knowledge is based on truth. Illusory knowledge isn't.

I think you're looking at this question from the wrong angle. It's not the quantity of sources of information and the obstacles to them that causes one to possess so-called illusory knowledge, but instead the causes for illusory knowledge are the obstacles to quality information.

Truth is the source of quality information which causes real knowledge. Everything else is an illusion.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 16:41
    @secondson said
    Could be, but I think also the opposite is true. In fact I think it's the main reason why "knowledge" is in short supply.

Illusory knowledge is caused by sources of misinformation. Real knowledge is based on truth. Illusory knowledge isn't.

I think you're looking at this question from the wrong angle. It's not the quantity of sources of information and the obstacles t ...[text shortened]... th is the source of quality information which causes real knowledge. Everything else is an illusion.
    What is the status or nature of all the knowledge you thought you had that you suddenly could not access in the circumstances I described?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree