1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 08:11
    And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables and said: “The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son, and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come. Again, he sent out other servants, saying, ‘Tell those who are invited, “See, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding.”’ But they made light of it and went their ways, one to his own farm, another to his business. And the rest seized his servants, treated them spitefully, and killed them. But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies, destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city. Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy. Therefore go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding.’ So those servants went out into the highways and gathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.

“But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment. So he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?’ And he was speechless. Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

“For many are called, but few are chosen.”

(Matthew 22:1-13)
    "The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

(Matthew 13:41-41)
    Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

(Revelation 20:14-15)

"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

(Revelation 21:8)
    The man who refused to put on the wedding garment of grace provided by the King is showing disrespect to the King by not repenting of his sins, but continuing to wear his filty clothes to the wedding feast.

The place of punishment for the unbelieving, wicked, and lawless is referred to as outer darkness because the light of Christ is not there, and without that light there will be torment of weeping and gnashing of teeth in regret. The pain will be like being thrown into a furnace of fire that consumes the soul. Therefore it is called the second death and the Lake of Fire and Brimstone.

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 11:08
    Originally posted by RJHinds

The place of punishment for the unbelieving, wicked, and lawless is referred to as outer darkness because the light of Christ is not there, and without that light there will be torment of weeping and gnashing of teeth in regret. The pain will be like being thrown into a furnace of fire that consumes the soul. Therefore it is called the second death and the Lake of Fire and Brimstone. [/quote]

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy![/b]
    “Death is the solution to all problems. No man – no problem.” – Joseph Stalin
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 11:44
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    The gift of eternal life is the solution.

Stalin was just a control freak trying to bring to bear on humanity his own interpretation of life, which for him meant death apparently.

Jesus Christ is the light of the world. The lake of fire burning with brimstone is to be avoided at all costs.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 13:11
    Originally posted by josephw

Stalin was just a control freak trying to bring to bear on humanity his own interpretation of life, which for him meant death apparently.

Jesus Christ is the light of the world. The lake of fire burning with brimstone is to be avoided at all costs.
    Don't worry, nobody is going to this bible hell since hell in that form does not exist. Warm up your BS meter folks.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 13:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Don't worry, nobody is going to this bible hell since hell in that form does not exist. Warm up your BS meter folks.
    Does not exist!

Are you aware of everything that exists?

But you're sure God doesn't exist.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 14:00
    Does not exist!

Are you aware of everything that exists?

But you're sure God doesn't exist.
    There is no dragon in my garage.

I know this beyond any possible reasonable doubt, and with psychological certainty.

The fact that I am not aware of 'everything that exists' doesn't in any way dent my certainty on this issue.
    And nor should it.

Similarly, when we have very strong and convincing evidence that there is no such thing as a soul, and no
    reason to suppose or evidence for any sort of afterlife... Let alone the afterlife mentioned in the bible.
    We can be certain that no such afterlife exists.

Without needing to know everything that does exist.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 14:47
    Originally posted by googlefudge

I know this beyond any possible reasonable doubt, and with psychological certainty.

The fact that I am not aware of 'everything that exists' doesn't in any way dent my certainty on this issue.
    And nor should it.

Similarly, when we have very strong and convincing evidence that there is no such thing as a soul, an ...[text shortened]... be certain that no such afterlife exists.

Yours is merely hypothesizing about that which you think you know doesn't exist.

The fact that you ignor the evidence for the veracity of the scriptures only tells me you have but an opinion based on misinformation at best and belief in an outright lie at worst.

You haven't the knowledge of much of anything enough to convince me you know whether there is an afterlife or not! In other words, stating what you think carries no weight of authority in and of itself. Simply disagreeing with the Bible isn't enough.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 14:48

Just my new tactic of countering Hind's with quotes from dictators.

I think the real issue in this thread is not if hell exists, but why Hind's is so eager to talk about it.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 15:00

I think the real issue in this thread is not if hell exists, but why Hind's is so eager to talk about it.
    Well, I try not to get fixated on any one thing. Variety is the spice of life they say! 😉
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 15:30
    Yours is merely hypothesizing about that which you think you know doesn't exist.

The fact that you ignore the evidence for the veracity of the scriptures only tells me you have but an opinion based on misinformation at best and belief in an outright lie at worst.

You haven't the knowledge of much of anything enough to convince me you know whether ther ...[text shortened]... carries no weight of authority in and of itself. Simply disagreeing with the Bible isn't enough.
    The fact that you ignore the evidence for the veracity of the scriptures only tells me you have but an opinion based on misinformation at best and belief in an outright lie at worst.

I do not ignore any evidence for the veracity of the bible.
    There is no evidence for the veracity of the bible, and vast mountains against it.
    If you believe there is such evidence I will look at it, but on the condition that you do the same and carefully consider
    all the evidence of science that contradicts it.

You haven't the knowledge of much of anything enough to convince me you know whether there is an afterlife or not!

What do you think a person would need knowledge of to be able to know if there is an afterlife or not?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 16:12

I do not ignore any evidence for the veracity of the bible.
    There is no evidence for the veracity of the bible, and vast mountains against it.
    If you be ...[text shortened]... o you think a person would need knowledge of to be able to know if there is an afterlife or not?
    "I do not ignore any evidence for the veracity of the bible.
    There is no evidence for the veracity of the bible,.."

I can't see how you can combine these two comments into a rational point. One can't ignor what doesn't exist. There is evidence, and you are ignoring it by focusing on the myth that exists that says the Bible is false.

" ...carefully consider all the evidence of science that contradicts it."

Sure, but that's not going to happen. Science doesn't contradict the Bible, nor does the Bible contradict science. The problem is in the mind when what is seen is viewed as having not a cause. An apparent contradiction arises from a misconception of reality.

"What do you think a person would need knowledge of to be able to know if there is an afterlife or not?"

The knowledge of God. Does that seem too simple? "The knowledge of God" is a loaded statement. Merely the scratch on the surface. It means more than you might otherwise believe.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 17:15
    The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”

There was again a division among the Jews because of these words. Many of them said, “He has a demon, and is insane; why listen to him?” Others said, “These are not the words of one who is oppressed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?”

At that time the Feast of Dedication took place at Jerusalem. It was winter, and Jesus was walking in the temple, in the colonnade of Solomon. So the Jews gathered around him and said to him, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.” Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father's name bear witness about me, but you do not believe because you are not among my sheep. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.

(John 10:10-29 English Standard Version)
    Joseph Stalin is like the thief and speaks the words of Satan the devil.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 17:38

And nor should it.

Similarly, when we have very strong and convincing evidence that there is no such thing as a soul, an ...[text shortened]... be certain that no such afterlife exists.

“Now there was a rich man, and he habitually dressed in purple and fine linen, joyously living in splendor every day. And a poor man named Lazarus was laid at his gate, covered with sores, and longing to be fed with the crumbs which were falling from the rich man’s table; besides, even the dogs were coming and licking his sores.

Now the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to Abraham’s bosom; and the rich man also died and was buried. In Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and *saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried out and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame.’ But Abraham said, ‘Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, so that those who wish to come over from here to you will not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.’ And he said, ‘Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father’s house — for I have five brothers — in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ But Abraham *said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.’ But he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent!’ But he said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.’”

(Luke 16:19-31 NASB)
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 17:48

You posted the following on the Hell thread by sonship:
    "But many Israelites—those for whom the Kingdom was prepared—will be thrown into outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 8:12)

I wonder if this 'outer darkness' is an alternative to the 'lake of fire', where hell is simply loneliness, isolation and separation from God.

I though others might also want a definte answer to that question from scripture.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 20:26

The fact that you ignor the evidence for the veracity of the scriptures only tells me you have but an opinion based on misinformation at best and belief in an outright lie at worst.

You haven't the knowledge of much of anything enough to convince me you know whether there ...[text shortened]... carries no weight of authority in and of itself. Simply disagreeing with the Bible isn't enough.
    So let your alleged god come down and tell me all that. Human's telling me about a god they made up themselves, forget it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree