1. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 10:57
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    If you think that "Life of Brian" is about anything deeper than making fun of a religion for giggles, it's probably you who has problems.
    Not at all. Life of Brian doesn't make fun of religion, let alone of a religion. What it makes fun of is mostly fundamentalists and also, partly, other non-religious and religious people. And speaking as one of the latter, I think we could stand being made fun of a bit more - if you can't laugh at yourself, you're already lost to love.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 10:59
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yoseph

Yonah

Yezebel
    Anyway, what are you heathen Jehovahs all doing spelling Hebrew names in Gentile letters? Go learn good old Aramaic the way Jesus Himself used it, you hypocrites!
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 11:24
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Anyway, what are you heathen Jehovahs all doing spelling Hebrew names in Gentile letters? Go learn good old Aramaic the way Jesus Himself used it, you hypocrites!
    Which is better, a hypocrite or an imposter?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 14:40
    I seriously doubt that the readers and posters on this website would know how to pronounce words written with Hebrew letters. I believe I am being helpful to the English speaking people who do not know Hebrew or Aramaic. Is that too difficult for your pea brain to comprehend? 😏
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 07:16
    I seriously doubt that the readers and posters on this website would know how to pronounce words written with Hebrew letters. I believe I am being helpful to the English speaking people who do not know Hebrew or Aramaic. Is that too difficult for your pea brain to comprehend? 😏
    Imagine someone in Jesus's day called ... Jack.
    And I mean his name soundedJack as we pronounce it today.

How would they write that?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 07:501 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Imagine someone in Jesus's day called ... Jack.
    And I mean his name soundedJack as we pronounce it today.

How would they write that?
    I believe Jack was a nickname for John that came from the Greek IōannΔ“s and the Aramaic Yohan and Yohannan.

There was a man sent from God; his name was Yohannan.

(John 1:6 Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_(given_name)
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 08:38
    I believe Jack was a nickname for John that came from the Greek IōannΔ“s and the Aramaic Yohan and Yohannan.
    So you can figure out how to pronounce Aramaic names. Its just a pity you can't read English. That isn't what he asked you.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 08:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So you can figure out how to pronounce Aramaic names. Its just a pity you can't read English. That isn't what he asked you.
    I did the best I could considering the fact there was no "Jack" back then. 😏
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 09:34
    I did the best I could considering the fact there was no "Jack" back then. 😏
    Well 'the best you could' indicated you didn't understand the question.
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 16:53
    Insulting people doesn't help you get an answer, even less when you yourself are patently not willing to give a serious one.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 20:45
    Insulting people doesn't help you get an answer, even less when you yourself are patently not willing to give a serious one.
    What is insulting about telling the truth? And I also believe I provided serious information that will help people find their own answer. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree