1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    28 May '06 16:46
    The Lord My God

Study closely the biblical phrase, "The Lord your God." Throughout the thousands of years of Scripture, it doesn't change. God is the Lord, our God. That is, He is the supreme authority-the Lord. But even though He is the God of all humanity, their Creator, He's not their Lord until they yield to His Lordship. But the phrase suddenly changes when Thomas sees the risen Savior. He cries "My Lord and My God." The transformation comes when blind, willful unbelief yields to saving faith in Jesus. The world acknowledges that God is their Creator, but to be saved, they must yield to Him as Lord, and the way to have them do that is to introduce their blind and unbelieving hearts to the risen Savior. There goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    28 May '06 17:24
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The Lord My God

Study closely the biblical phrase, "The Lord your God." Throughout the thousands of years of Scripture, it doesn't change. God is the Lord, our God. That is, He is the supreme authority-the Lord. But even though He is the God of all humanity, their Creator, He's not their Lord until they yield to His Lordship. But the phrase suddenly change ...[text shortened]... r. There goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.
    Do you find anything admirable or inspiring in Thomas' "unbelief"?
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    28 May '06 17:25
    And?
  4. The sky
    Moves
    28 May '06 17:31
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    And?
    There goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith whale, you still have time.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    28 May '06 18:52
    The Lord My God

Study closely the biblical phrase, "The Lord your God." Throughout the thousands of years of Scripture, it doesn't change. God is the Lord, our God. That is, He is the supreme authority-the Lord. But even though He is the God of all humanity, their Creator, He's not their Lord until they yield to His Lordship. But the phrase suddenly change ...[text shortened]... r. There goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.
    It's like living through a bad bloody trip....
  6. Belfast
    Moves
    28 May '06 20:26
    The Lord My God

Are you sure it isn't just because he is talking in the first person?
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    29 May '06 03:411 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Do you find anything admirable or inspiring in Thomas' "unbelief"?
    Well, when I had gone the the Billy Graham Crusaide and he preached on a personal relationship with Christ. I had felt something sturing in my heart. Then he had us say the sinners pray and at that time I thought I was a good person. But then I did my own resaerch on God and asked hime to come into my heart and should me he was real by healing me of my germ phobia and Praise God he did.

So in saying that at that time I was like Tom.
    But now I can relate to Paul a lot.
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    29 May '06 04:44
    Well, when I had gone the the Billy Graham Crusaide and he preached on a personal relationship with Christ. I had felt something sturing in my heart. Then he had us say the sinners pray and at that time I thought I was a good person. But then I did my own resaerch on God and asked hime to come into my heart and should me he was real by healing me of my germ p ...[text shortened]... d he did.

So in saying that at that time I was like Tom.
    But now I can relate to Paul a lot.
    It's like it's the perfect defense against parody.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree