1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 09:381 edit
    It's interesting to me that the more one knows, the more they realize how much they don't know. It can be an amazing and humbling experience. 😏
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 09:42
    Originally posted by bill718
    It's interesting to me that the more one knows, the more they realize how much they don't know. It can be an amazing and humbling experience. 😏
    Sure thing
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 10:32
    yes especially if you are an atheist, always learning, yet never able to achieve an accurate knowledge of truth....hear that....the sound of an incoming, lol.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 10:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes especially if you are an atheist, always learning, yet never able to achieve an accurate knowledge of truth....hear that....the sound of an incoming, lol.
    yes, true knowledge can be had in pissing on the intelligence god gave you and relying on himself to answer your questions which he never does except for a several thousand year old book that may or may not have been inspired by god and which wasn't intended as a science book anyway.

it would have been better if you didn't intervened in this thread
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 11:11
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yes, true knowledge can be had in pissing on the intelligence god gave you and relying on himself to answer your questions which he never does except for a several thousand year old book that may or may not have been inspired by god and which wasn't intended as a science book anyway.

it would have been better if you didn't intervened in this thread
    i will not get into an argument with you, no no, think what you like, who cares? but that you have exactly imitated the type of attitude that i mentioned is quite remarkable, for example, may or may not have been inspired?, clearly you don't know? after how many years on the planet you still don't know? relying on oneself? when clearly we are prone to aberration?? whether the bible is accurate when it touches on points of science or not? clearly you are the epitome of someone who is always 'learning', yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth and i thank you for having demonstrated this, nope, just another attempt to stifle freedom of speech again, you were living under the commies for too long!
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 11:53
    I would rather burn in Geena for endless eons than try to get the "salvation" through all the religions of the universe

Nothing Holy
    😵
  7. England
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 12:20
    more joy ...for the heart.. more humbling for the body... more knowledge for the brain... more truth to tell others.
  8. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 12:29
    I love the smug overtones of a man who clearly thinks he as all the answers. Tell me what if your wrong? What if god isn't there, or he is but doesn't give a crap what you do as long as your true to yourself.

Will you then regret never having fully used the gift of rationality given you?
    Will you be bitter that you spent your whole life dedicated the book and the people who didn't and never even believed in any of it end up in the same place as you?
    Will you be surprised if all your smug superiority results in you effectively wasting you life by never really challenging your preconceptions or broadening your horizons? Never truly learning anything beyond what you already believe?

Because you see if your right about it all and I am "always learning, yet never able to achieve an accurate knowledge of truth" and that god gave me a rational logically driven mind that he didn't want me to use. Then at least I spent my whole life challenging myself and learning.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 12:30
    i will not get into an argument with you, no no, think what you like, who cares? but that you have exactly imitated the type of attitude that i mentioned is quite remarkable, for example, may or may not have been inspired?, clearly you don't know? after how many years on the planet you still don't know? relying on oneself? when clearly we are prone ...[text shortened]... r attempt to stifle freedom of speech again, you were living under the commies for too long!
    never have i seen an RHP member post so much contradictory and illogical garbage and be so proud of itself(the "it" is intentional).

you truly are oblivious. i give up.(for real this time)
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 13:18
    Originally posted by black beetle
    I would rather burn in Geena for endless eons than try to get the "salvation" through all the religions of the universe

Nothing Holy
    😵
    lol, i would save you my friend, we would play chess unto eternity with the greats who will be resurrected, just think Morphy, Fischer, Capa, all will be resurrected!
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 13:34
    Originally posted by Mexico
    I love the smug overtones of a man who clearly thinks he as all the answers. Tell me what if your wrong? What if god isn't there, or he is but doesn't give a crap what you do as long as your true to yourself.

Will you then regret never having fully used the gift of rationality given you?
    Will you be bitter that you spent your whole life dedicated the book ...[text shortened]... idn't want me to use. Then at least I spent my whole life challenging myself and learning.
    alas it is the folly of the rationalist, alway viewing things in terms of imperfect humanity and denying the divine, oh well never mind.

i do not consider myself superior, when did i ever state that? when did i ever say that i do not consider it virtuous to challenge ones mind? or learning was a futile endeavour? i merely stated that by denying the divine an accurate knowledge of truth is impossible, refute it if you will and we may both learn something.

however you must find it strange, that if, as you say, we are always learning, that we cannot establish an accurate knowledge of truth. even the comments you made illustrate this point, what if? what if?

perhaps the intent was misunderstood, it was not a 'dig' at athiests, many of whom i really do hold in the highest esteem, it was merely to provoke some thoughts on the matter, that was all, that there may be some interchange of thought. 😀
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 13:352 edits
    i am not gonna argue with you Z dude and i am sorry that i insulted you, realy i am, dont be like that! perhaps the contradictions may lead to a better understanding, who can tell?
  13. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 13:452 edits
    You may think you have the truth. but its all unfounded truths. You haven't had divine intervention in your life and you certain haven't died and come back so how could you have any concrete answers. The folly of believing that it will all sort itself in the end leads to stagnation. You have to question otherwise both rational and creative minds go nowhere. If people didn't question authority (in your case the divine) humanity would still be in the dark ages. No Mozart, no Einstein, no Darwin, no Picasso, Da Vinci and on and on.

A favorite quote of mine
    "Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence." Anon
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 13:47
    lol, i would save you my friend, we would play chess unto eternity with the greats who will be resurrected, just think Morphy, Fischer, Capa, all will be resurrected!
    Then by that time you 'll get som bottles ovit Macallan 1926 cask nr 263 anda bagpipe plus two glasses o fresh Craigellachie water ye numptie

😵
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 14:043 edits
    Originally posted by Mexico
    You may think you have the truth. but its all unfounded truths. You haven't had divine intervention in your life and you certain haven't died and come back so how could you have any concrete answers. The folly of believing that it will all sort itself in the end leads to stagnation. You have to question otherwise both rational and creative minds go nowhere. I mine
    "Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence." Anon
    dude you are missing the point, when did i state that i had the truth? i merely stated that atheists didn't, not that i did? even though between you and me i privately think that i do, but shhhhh.

actually i do think that i existed in form before, i think that i was Jimi Hendrix, because the night that he died, the moon turned a fiery red colour and at the very same hour that he passed away, i was born, how do you explain that?

as to your references to some of the greats, many of the works that we now realise also could not have taken place without inspiration from the bible, we need not go on about Micheal Angelo, Giotto, Titian, Caravaggio, Da Vinci, and some of the moderns, Dali etc etc. i really do find it amazing that much of western life, history, art music etc was biblically influenced which people seem to conveniently forget. also there were many scientists who also believed, foremost was probable Newton, so then we must ask, 'what great works has the new morality produced,' but this was not the intent, the intent was merely to show, that truth without the acceptance of the divine is all but possible to achieve, for a truly unified philosophy and view of the universe cannot, and i say it again, cannot be formulated without recourse to the divine, and this seems self evident from those who are always learning, yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth, how else are we to account for it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree