1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Oct '16 07:371 edit
    "I just suspect that your post of the previous page was a *coughs* flowery embellishment of reality. You subsequently claiming that this is you living the "life more abundant" that Christ promised is making me wince."

Perhaps it will take someone exhibiting altruistic behavior to you personally to turn you around on this. But maybe you think that you yourself just do not need anyone's altruism, especially if you think it's just something someone might do to take advantage of you.

What a mean, cranky, angry person you must be. It's only one small step from feeling this way to you justifying never helping anyone because "altruism is just a lie".

No wonder you think I'm lying. But don't worry, I don't need an apology from you. I'd rather you send it to God. He's the one you're offending with this nonsense.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '16 09:035 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    [b]"I just suspect that your post of the previous page was a *coughs* flowery embellishment of reality. You subsequently claiming that this is you living the "life more abundant" that Christ promised is making me wince."

Perhaps it will take someone exhibiting altruistic behavior to you personally to turn you around on this. But maybe you think that ...[text shortened]... ogy from you. I'd rather you send it to God. He's the one you're offending with this nonsense.[/b]
    I don't think you are lying but your whole outlook seems to be warped by some sense of persecution and injustice. Everything you post is laced with anger and outrage, and yet the rest of us just get on with it in here. You seem to think this place is your personal forum and that everyone should conform to your idealistic perspectives.

This post is a classic examples:
    - You're handing it over to God, and yet you are not, you are still here berating me and just telling me you're handing it over to god.
    - And handing what over? My intimation that you may be presenting a somewhat embellished account of you "losing count" of the number of people you've given CPR to, or seen die at your hands? Really!

As for the altruism jibe, now you are just being nasty, being exactly what it is you say you loathe. Cheap point scoring and "vicious attacks".
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '16 01:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne to divegeester
    No wonder you think I'm lying.
    Any question mark hanging over the veracity of your story about saving lives with CPR, people dying as you gave them CPR, and you losing count of how many times you have dragged homeless people into your car and taken them to hospital, is perhaps caused by your peculiar demeanour and behaviour when asked about the story.
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Oct '16 10:36
    Here's a usable site about new paganism.

http://www.paganlibrary.com/introductory/modern_paganism.php

You got a problem with that? I've never been to New York.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Oct '16 10:38
    What Then Is "Modern Paganism"?

Modern Paganism, or Neo-Paganism, is a modern, Earth-centered religious perspective which borrows and adapts from pre-Christian paganism as well as from contemporary religious thought. While reconnecting with ancient wisdom, it speaks eloquently to the needs and concerns of the present.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Oct '16 10:41
    It is all about mother nature on earth. Kinda right in your face, no faith belief required. We are busy crapping in our own bedroom and it doesn't take great wisdom to see that wont work for the long haul.
  7. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 03:501 edit
    that was a very well written piece.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Oct '16 07:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    Any question mark hanging over the veracity of your story about saving lives with CPR, people dying as you gave them CPR, and you losing count of how many times you have dragged homeless people into your car and taken them to hospital, is perhaps caused by your peculiar demeanour and behaviour when asked about the story.
    My "demeanor and behavior when asked about the story" have been borne out by the both of you and your attitude and comments after the initial questions, because I have learned enough about your methods of operation to learn this was coming. Neither of you can actually be up front about your motivations for asking your "questions", preferring instead to lie in wait for the answer, innocently given, that you can then leap upon with intent to shred. So now you're reduced to claiming that my "demeanor" is questionable. Both of you are the ones, so desperate to find some defect in the telling, who can't abide anyone else actually doing good, instead of preying on people on an internet forum. You should both be ashamed.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Oct '16 07:46
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't think you are lying but your whole outlook seems to be warped by some sense of persecution and injustice. Everything you post is laced with anger and outrage, and yet the rest of us just get on with it in here. You seem to think this place is your personal forum and that everyone should conform to your idealistic perspectives.

This post is a c ...[text shortened]... g nasty, being exactly what it is you say you loathe. Cheap point scoring and "vicious attacks".
    When your posts are filled with nastiness and attacks, you should probably expect some karmic slap-down.

"You seem to think this place is your personal forum and that everyone should conform to your idealistic perspectives."
    It is both of you who "seem to think this place is your personal forum and that everyone should conform to your idealistic perspectives". People in these forums routinely get "set upon" by the both of you because you cannot stand anyone intelligent enough to disagree with you and to stand up for others. This is why I endure nearly incessant attacks from you both all over these forums. You both routinely set the cart before the horse claiming that I am the one with "some sort of problem". Both of you are the ones who are the source of most of the enmity and friction in these forums. And all because your own egos can't handle anyone else getting a shred of attention, especially if it means that they disagree with you.

And *this* is why you routinely get questioned by some who want to know if you are really a Christian. My altruism "jibe", as you put it (and really, it must be only a "jibe" if someone else says it), is at the root of this. You cannot imagine anyone else being driven by altruism, because you never feel altruistic yourself. And yet, at the same time, altruism is one of the bases of the Christian faith.

If you actually want to talk about this subject, I'd advise you to drop your ego a bit. If all you want is to prop up your ego further by tearing someone else down, then we're done here.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '16 08:25
    When your posts are filled with nastiness and attacks, you should probably expect some karmic slap-down.

[b]"You seem to think this place is your personal forum and that everyone should conform to your idealistic perspectives."

It is both of you who "seem to think this place is your personal forum and that everyone should conform to your idealistic ...[text shortened]... all you want is to prop up your ego further by tearing someone else down, then we're done here.[/b]
    I am no psychologist but I think its a defence mechanism to the prospect of feeling inferior in some way.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Oct '16 12:401 edit
    My "demeanor and behavior when asked about the story" have been borne out by the both of you and your attitude and comments after the initial questions, because I have learned enough about your methods of operation to learn this was coming. Neither of you can actually be up front about your motivations for asking your "questions", preferring instead to lie in wait for the answer, innocently given, that you can then leap upon with intent to shred. So now you're reduced to claiming that my "demeanor" is questionable. Both of you are the ones, so desperate to find some defect in the telling, who can't abide anyone else actually doing good, instead of preying on people on an internet forum. You should both be ashamed.

What a strange reaction from you. If you have genuinely lost count of how many people's lives you have saved through giving CPR on the street or in your car ~ "actually doing good", as you call it ~ why not just say so?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Oct '16 12:45

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Oct '16 12:53
    Originally posted by Suzianne to divegeester
    You cannot imagine anyone else being driven by altruism, because you never feel altruistic yourself. And yet, at the same time, altruism is one of the bases of the Christian faith.
    I have been following this conversation quite closely and I don't think divegeester is unable to imagine anyone else being driven by altruism. I think he is saying that this stuff you posted... "I can't count how many I've had to drag into my car and take them to the hospital. I've had to give some CPR. Some make it, some don't"... may be a "flowery embellishment of reality" - and, to be frank, the way you're trying to squeeze as much of your ungainly holier-than-thou stuff out of it as you can, does make you seem a bit bogus.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree