The Perfect Stranger

The Perfect Stranger

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
17 Mar 06

The Perfect Stranger a Christian based movie I watched last night. It was awesome. telerion so to answer your question about dj in my last thread about where would you go you said this (I'll be a little shocked, but I know the story. So if I wake up in Hell, I'll figure out what's up pretty quickly. It's the dj2becker's of the world that are really gonna $&** their pants!) The movie is about a woman who gets invited by JC to a dinner and he explains everything to her. He even say how God is eternal and when you accept Christ he comes and lives in you. So therefore as I have always believed is that when you accept Christ you are given eternal life right then and there. So eternal life doesn't start at a Christian death. I encourage you to see it for yourselves and then you will know and maybe understand where I am coming from but that is up the God. I can only plant the seed. Have a Blessed day.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EHPXP6/qid=1142612495/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-4596989-5026421?s=dvd&v=glance&n=130

This movie is based on a novel.

d

Moves
17 Mar 06
2 edits

I checked out the link and read the user reviews. It seems that not even amazon is safe from Evangelical Christian subjectivity and Anti-Catholicism.

0 of 8 people found the following review helpful:

Cute, but completely missed the mark.... March 8, 2006
3/5 stars. Reviewer: Irish Apologist

I read the book first and just finished watching this film and was left with the same feeling of "Awwwwwww how cute." that I had after reading the book.

As a work of fiction this was a rather simple (and somewhat entertaining) story, shallow characters, and did not have the "wow-factor" that I'm sure the author/director wished.

NOW.......On to the completely flawed theology behind the book/movie. We are presented with a very banal portrayal of Jesus (typical of alot of Protestant films.) He is smug, condescending, and there were several anti-Catholic undertones in the dialogue that a non-Catholic would not read into.

Writing this review I have just realized that the many points I could make about flawed theology would require me to write a Catholic response to this film/book and I believe I will do that. Never the less the many questions that Nikki asks and the answers that Jesus gives are a series of straw men and protestant heresies that have been proposed since the time of the Revolt. This runs the gambit from Sola Fide, to Faith AND Works (the explanation that included Mother Theresa was terrible)

As someone who truly loves my Lord and Savior, and has a deeply personal relationship with Him, I find that although mildly entertaining this book/movie does not do Our Lord Justice....

So, to any Catholics that may want to read the book or watch the movie; go ahead...it's cute and fuzzy but you will not hear sound doctrine, merely standard protestant themes and bad theology.......

5 of 5 people found the following review helpful:

Perfect, March 2, 2006
5/5 stars. Reviewer: Hector E. Aybar "heapr" (Minnesota,USA)

The only word I have to rate this movie is PERFECT.
Buy this movie and share it with all you can.

Hilarious.

R

California

Moves
17 Mar 06

Originally posted by darvlay
I checked out the link and read the user reviews. It seems that not even amazon is safe from Evangelical Christian subjectivity and Anti-Catholicism.

[b]0 of 8
people found the following review helpful:

Cute, but completely missed the mark.... March 8, 2006
3/5 stars. Reviewer: Irish Apologist

I read the book first and just finished ...[text shortened]... this movie is PERFECT.
Buy this movie and share it with all you can.

Hilarious.[/b]
You will just have to see the movie for yourself.

d

Moves
17 Mar 06

Originally posted by RBHILL
You will just have to see the movie for yourself.
Beg me and I might consider it.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Mar 06
2 edits

The Perfect Stranger a Christian based movie I watched last night. It was awesome. telerion so to answer your question about dj in my last thread about where would you go you said this (I'll be a little shocked, but I know the story. So if I wake up in Hell, I'll figure out what's up pretty quickly. It's the dj2becker's of the world that are really gonna $&** 1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-4596989-5026421?s=dvd&v=glance&n=130

What's a Jesus eat? Is he a manly steak chewer with a 1/2 lb. slab of animal flesh, washing it down with an ice cold Miller High Lite or one of these artsy-farty, pantywaists eating tofu and with a celery stalk for "dessert"?

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
17 Mar 06

I'll watch yours if you watch mine. How about it, RBHILL?

http://www.thegodmovie.com/clip-Trailer.php

R

California

Moves
17 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by David C
I'll watch yours if you watch mine. How about it, RBHILL?

http://www.thegodmovie.com/clip-Trailer.php
It was a cool video but I like how you mock God. LOL!

Edit: I know you can argue all you want with me. But you can't argue against experance.

R

California

Moves
17 Mar 06

Originally posted by darvlay
Beg me and I might consider it.
Pretty Please!