2. SEMO
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 00:111 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What say ye?

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSLD17547920080813
    The pope is one evil looking dude. 😉

As for the fur,...

Mat 6:19 Do not lay up treasures on earth for yourselves, where moth and rust corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal.
    Mat 6:20 But lay up treasures in Heaven for yourselves, where neither moth nor rust corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal.
    Mat 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
    Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye. Therefore if your eye is sound, your whole body shall be full of light.
    Mat 6:23 But if your eye is evil, your whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
    Mat 6:24 No one can serve two masters. For either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will hold to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
    Mat 6:25 Therefore I say to you, Do not be anxious for your life, what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor for your body, what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
    Mat 6:26 Behold the birds of the air; for they sow not, nor do they reap, nor gather into barns. Yet your heavenly Father feeds them; are you not much better than they are?
    Mat 6:27 Which of you by being anxious can add one cubit to his stature?
    Mat 6:28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow. They do not toil, nor do they spin,
    Mat 6:29 but I say to you that even Solomon in his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
    Mat 6:30 Therefore if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much rather clothe you, little-faiths?
    Mat 6:31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, With what shall we be clothed?
    Mat 6:32 For the nations seek after all these things. For your heavenly Father knows that you have need of all these things.
    Mat 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you.
    Mat 6:34 Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow; for tomorrow shall be anxious for its own things. Sufficient to the day is the evil of it.

I know this passage may not be in line with what you were asking but it is what came to mind when I read the article.

Edit: I also think people over react or try and find something to complain about. That is what I think when reading why people are wanting the pope to not where the fur.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Aug '08 09:44
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What say ye?

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSLD17547920080813
    I prefer cotton, but I do wear leather boots.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree