The real reason for seperation of church and state

The real reason for seperation of church and state

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
10 Jun 16

"The real reason we can't have the Ten Commandments in the courthouse: You cannot post "Thou shalt not steal', "Thou shalt not commit adultery', and 'Thou shalt not lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment."

-George Carlin

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jun 16

Originally posted by whodey
"The real reason we can't have the Ten Commandments in the courthouse: You cannot post "Thou shalt not steal', "Thou shalt not commit adultery', and 'Thou shalt not lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment."

-George Carlin
That's like saying punishment doesn't deter crime. I don't agree that that's the real reason.

The real reason for not displaying the Ten Commandments is because "they" don't want to be accountable to God.

No God. No Truth. No absolute standards of conduct. No accountability.

What a shock some folks are in for! :'(

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
10 Jun 16

Originally posted by josephw
That's like saying punishment doesn't deter crime. I don't agree that that's the real reason.

The real reason for not displaying the Ten Commandments is because "they" don't want to be accountable to God.

No God. No Truth. No absolute standards of conduct. No accountability.

What a shock some folks are in for! :'(
That's like saying punishment doesn't deter crime.

It doesn't.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
11 Jun 16

Originally posted by finnegan
That's like saying punishment doesn't deter crime.

It doesn't.
Yes it does.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Jun 16

Originally posted by whodey

-George Carlin
I think the real reason was to keep government's paws off the freedom of religion.