1. Meddling with things
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 21:34
    Originally posted by Darfius
    u·ni·for·mi·tar·i·an·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (yn-fôrm-târ--nzm)
    n.
    The theory that all geologic phenomena may be explained as the result of existing forces having operated uniformly from the origin of the earth to the present time.

Talk about faith...
    Idiot

If sediments with characteristic banding and distribution of particle sizes are seen being laid down in an estuary today then if we see an older sedimentary rock with the same characteristic banding and distribution of particle sizes we conclude that a similar esturine process will have been involve in the formation of the older rock

If lava is seen coming out of a volcano today when we see older rocks that have the same chemical composition and crystalline structure we conclude that there may have been a volcano involved in the formation of the older rock.

Do you have a problem with that? (Feppin idiot)

If you went to a town and on the first day at ten o'clock a marching band went up the street, you'd wonder if it was coming along tommorrow. It it does, and the next dayand the next dayand the next dayand the next day you'd expect to see it every day in the future. You might also suppose that it had happenned in the town every day before you visited. And so ends the idiot's guide to uniformatarianism
  2. Meddling with things
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 20:49

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Meddling with things
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 23:16
    I'm waiting darfius....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree