1. England
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 15:48
    at church this week my priest spoke and his point was, the congragation who were negative and pain in the neck he did not care what they thought, he wanted all to fill in a form, as we had been in meetings to discuss way forward with the church he spoke as tho we were his to command and follow, and as usual he leaves before the end to attend another church, anyone been in a similar dilemma as i got annoyed with him as i may not agree with certain members views but i belive either discuss the point or prove it
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 16:18
    Originally posted by stoker
    at church this week my priest spoke and his point was, the congragation who were negative and pain in the neck he did not care what they thought, he wanted all to fill in a form, as we had been in meetings to discuss way forward with the church he spoke as tho we were his to command and follow, and as usual he leaves before the end to attend another church, a ...[text shortened]... as i may not agree with certain members views but i belive either discuss the point or prove it
    you should read the bait of satan.
  3. Pepperland
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 16:19
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    you should read the bait of satan.
    does saitan have a bait?

is he fishing people?
  4. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 17:06
    Originally posted by stoker
    at church this week my priest spoke and his point was, the congragation who were negative and pain in the neck he did not care what they thought, he wanted all to fill in a form, as we had been in meetings to discuss way forward with the church he spoke as tho we were his to command and follow, and as usual he leaves before the end to attend another church, a ...[text shortened]... as i may not agree with certain members views but i belive either discuss the point or prove it
    That's when it's time to find a new church with a different pastor/priest. Been there, done that.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 17:37
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    does saitan have a bait?

is he fishing people?
    you could always look for it on Amazon.com and read the back of the book.
  6. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 18:45
    I preached on 2 Samuel 11 this week. Not an easy topic, for a change i was glad attendance was low. Only the diehards were in church, and they look forward to more challanging ideas.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 19:03
    Originally posted by duecer
    I preached on 2 Samuel 11 this week. Not an easy topic, for a change i was glad attendance was low. Only the diehards were in church, and they look forward to more challanging ideas.
    what was your approach if you do not mind me asking? what ia mean was, what was the application?
  8. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 19:17
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what was your approach if you do not mind me asking? what ia mean was, what was the application?
    the main theme is betrayal, but the approach is asking oneself why this story is included in the bible. its horrific. in chronicles this little story is excluded. In fact if not for 2 samuel 11 we might think that David was perfect; yet in this story he breaks all of the last five commandments. betrayal is a violation of trust, and this example shows us that there is only one being we should trust...God, for he will never betray us.
    I also talked a bit about challanging ourselves to grow spiritually, and that can't happen unless we are willing to tackle tough subjects like this one.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 19:511 edit
    Originally posted by duecer
    the main theme is betrayal, but the approach is asking oneself why this story is included in the bible. its horrific. in chronicles this little story is excluded. In fact if not for 2 samuel 11 we might think that David was perfect; yet in this story he breaks all of the last five commandments. betrayal is a violation of trust, and this example shows us that ...[text shortened]... piritually, and that can't happen unless we are willing to tackle tough subjects like this one.
    i once heard a wonderful discourse on this subject. the speaker asked what we thought of King David, a righteous man, zealous and unstintingly faithful. then he went through David's thought process during this episode and intermittently asked the congregation, what do you think of him now? we were all thinking, what a despicable individual! then he asked us to think of how it affected him, his emotions and relationship with God, it almost destroyed him and certainly destroyed his family, yet God was merciful and forgiving.

Naturally we were asked to think of those who may have intentionally or unintentionally done us some harm, how should we view them in such a light, from Gods standpoint and in relation to David's experience.
  10. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 20:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i once heard a wonderful discourse on this subject. the speaker asked what we thought of King David, a righteous man, zealous and unstintingly faithful. then he went through David's thought process during this episode and intermittently asked the congregation, what do you think of him now? we were all thinking, what a despicable individual! then h ...[text shortened]... ould we view them in such a light, from Gods standpoint and in relation to David's experience.
    good perspective, I considered that tac as well. There is a lot of meat there. I am always puzzled when people turn away from the tough meaningful discussions for the milk of the word. There is no growth without wrestling with the word, much as jacob grew from wrestling with God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree