The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
26 Jul 05

Originally posted by Langtree
...Both are real, if you don't believe that then you can't study Geometry, since it is based on unprovable theorems.
Which part of Geometry is based on unprovable theorums? Or better yet, can you show me or point me towards one of these unprovable theorums. It's not that I'm not willing to accept that this might be true, but I have never noticed this to be true before.

Moves
26 Jul 05

Originally posted by echecero
Which part of Geometry is based on unprovable theorums? Or better yet, can you show me or point me towards one of these unprovable theorums. It's not that I'm not willing to accept that this might be true, but I have never noticed this to be true before.
You study Geometry?

Moves
26 Jul 05
1 edit

Originally posted by echecero
There is the point, the simpliest geometric figure has no definition, we accept it as it is. The line and the plane also are accepted without any definition. Maybe provable wasn't the best word, but even Geometry as in life we accept truths, without really understanding what they mean.