1. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 22:06
    Originally posted by Will Everitt
    Who drove the bus?
    Barry Manilow did, while singing:

"When you get caught between the moon and New York City.
    I know it's crazy.
    But it's true.
    oooooh, and when you get caught between the moon and New York Ciiiiiity,
    the best that you can do,
    is fall in loooove"
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 22:07
    Originally posted by stocken
    Barry Manilow did, while singing:

"When you get caught between the moon and New York City.
    I know it's crazy.
    But it's true.
    oooooh, and when you get caught between the moon and New York Ciiiiiity,
    is fall in loooove"
    So was he made out of Eve's rib?
  3. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 22:181 edit
    So was he made out of Eve's rib?
    No, and this is a hard to come by fact so I should probably charge you for it, but here goes:

Barry was always there. The reason you won't read about him in the good book, is because God was ashamed of this particular creation of his. When the bus service was no longer a necessity (Satan being punished and all), God (being the warm hearted bloke he is) decided it would be cruel to take Barry's life (couple thousand infants, yes, but Barry - well, you gotta draw the line somewhere, right?). So, after having given it a lot of thought, Barry was sent thousands of years into the future to be the late 20th century's biggest idol to young women all over the world.

---

I'm just yellous, that's all...

---

"Copacabaaana...", I mean, seriously...
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 22:20
    No, and this is a hard to come by fact so I should probably charge you for it, but here goes:

Barry was always there. The reason you won't read about him in the good book, is because God was ashamed of this particular creation of his. When the bus service was no longer a necessity (Satan being a snake and all), God (being the warm hearted bloke he is) de ...[text shortened]...

---

I'm just yellous, that's all...

---

"Copacabaaana...", I mean, seriously...
    So if he had been "always there" how could he of also been a "creation" sorry i can be a bit slow on the uptake with these things.
  5. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 22:21
    So if he had been "always there" how could he of also been a "creation" sorry i can be a bit slow on the uptake with these things.
    I think you haven't seen Nordlys thread, although you have clearly posted in it.

With God all things are possible.
  6. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 22:23
    I think you haven't seen Nordlys thread, although you have clearly posted in it.

With God all things are possible.
    Sorry its my memory, and more importantly i need to supress my sense of rational thought.
  7. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 22:30
    Sorry its my memory, and more importantly i need to supress my sense of rational thought.
    We all do that from time to time. What surprises me still, is that this is not exclusively a religious trade. It seems to be imbedded in the human pshyche. So we even do it unwillingly on occasions.

Although, you clearly fight it til the bitter end. I admire that. Personally I have short periods of total sincerity, and then I go all da-da on the world. Don't know why. Just the way I function I suppose.

Evolution still has a lot of work to do on my kind.
  8. Colorado
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 23:06
    So why do we still have lizards around?

If they were lizards then the might be called lizards and not snakes.
    I said lizard like.
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 23:10
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    I said lizard like.
    Your only kidding yourself.
  10. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 23:17
    I said lizard like.
    Oh, so it is Barry Manilov. And here I was thinking that Barry was just the bus driver. Sorry about that one. πŸ™‚
  11. Colorado
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 23:17
    Your only kidding yourself.
    Ok, I can see there’s no fooling you. πŸ˜‰
  12. Colorado
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 23:45
    Oh, so it is Barry Manilov. And here I was thinking that Barry was just the bus driver. Sorry about that one. πŸ™‚
    Man, you should start putting some of those creative thoughts of yours on paper. You could probably give Stephen King a run for his money.
  13. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '05 08:271 edit
    Man, you should start putting some of those creative thoughts of yours on paper. You could probably give Stephen King a run for his money.
    Your hint (no matter how subtle) taken πŸ™‚

I will try and not elaborate my meaningless thoughts too much in my posts. It's just that I can't seem to make those, short, witty, punchy, truly sarcastic and surprising comments that some of the posters in these here forums does. I guess that disturbs me, so I'm kinda practising, but whatever I write it ends up being...

---

There, I did it again. 😳

[Edit: Why Stephen King, by the way? Did I miss yet another point here? πŸ™„]
  14. Colorado
    Moves
    23 Dec '05 08:37
    Your hint (no matter how subtle) taken πŸ™‚

I will try and not elaborate my meaningless thoughts too much in my posts. It's just that I can't seem to make those, short, witty, punchy, truly sarcastic and surprising comments that some of the posters in these here forums does. I guess that disturbs me, so I'm kinda practising, but whatever I write it ends ...[text shortened]... did it again. 😳

I was just acknowledging your creative, twilight zone like inclinations.
  15. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulΓ€rer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    23 Dec '05 08:40
    I was just acknowledging your creative, twilight zone like inclinations.
    I wonder if Sweden has any horror novelists after August Strindberg.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree