1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 13:01
    @suzianne said
    This is the basis for nearly all the arguing you do here.

It's the result of constantly looking at everything through a big lens labeled "ME!"
    Are you following the thread or just jumping in fist swinging as usual?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 13:03
    @medullah said
    Experience
    You know by “experience” that you are “not so easily deceived”?

Experience of what exactly?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 21:45
    @divegeester said
    Colour perception is subjective.

My wife and I have often disagreed on whether something is black or very dark blue. We would bring in a third party to mediate, ratify and decide.
    I imagine the ‘objective third party’ is supposed to tell you you’re both right as it’s impossible to tell the difference between a red and a green light when you’re at a signal?
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 21:545 edits
    @divegeester said
    You do realise that in this forum, you’re the donkey from the OP, right?
    You do realise that you are trying to sound absolutely certain about something? Ironic i’n it? Mr ‘subjective opinions’.

Assuming you’re absolutely right, you’re proving my point. Assuming you’re just voicing a subjective opinion, why should anyone give a rats ass if it’s impossible for either of us to be correct?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 03:45
    @divegeester said
    Are you following the thread or just jumping in fist swinging as usual?
    The thread has turned into your fist swinging, as always, because, you know, it's ALL about you.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 04:081 edit
    @bigdogg said
    But it could be. I bet there are certain types of grass that have at least some blue tint to them.

You sound like you're simply not comfortable with inductive type arguments. Well, that is too bad, because that's the best we can do on many truth questions.
    Firstly would you say the statement ‘certain types of grass have at some blue tint to them’ is absolutely true or is it simply your subjective opinion?

And secondly how is it ever possible for anyone to judge if what you’re saying is true or not if objective truth does not exist?
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 07:53
    @dj2becker said
    The donkey told the tiger:
    ′′The grass is blue".
    The tiger replied:
    ′′No, the grass is green".

The discussion became heated up, and the two decided to submit the issue to arbitration, and to do so they approached the lion, King of the Jungle.

Before reaching the clearing in the forest where the lion was sitting on his throne, the donkey started screaming:
    ′′Yo ...[text shortened]... ey aren’t. When ignorance screams, intelligence shuts up. Your peace and tranquility are worth more.
    The story is quite nicely thougt out and marks a problem.

However since nobody would dream of identifying with the donkey and very few with the Tiger, the educational value will reamin low...
    All people think that they got it. It is part of mental health to have a coherent and consistent personality. That should not refrain us from learning a few things about us. And sometimes we can smile about the naivite of our younger self hopefully.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 08:40
    @sonship said
    @dj2becker

Is that one of Aesop's fables?
    I raised my children on the little wisdom stories in Aesop's stories about animals.
    Quite possible. Also loved Dr Seuss.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 14:13
    @suzianne said
    The thread has turned into your fist swinging, as always, because, you know, it's ALL about you.
    Why don’t you contribute to the discussion instead of moaning about fuk all. You’re so intellectually lazy.
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 17:25
    @dj2becker said
    Firstly would you say the statement ‘certain types of grass have at some blue tint to them’ is absolutely true or is it simply your subjective opinion?

And secondly how is it ever possible for anyone to judge if what you’re saying is true or not if objective truth does not exist?
    How about a story about a bunch of animals and a Parrot that kept repeating the same tired point over and over, such that the animals all realized it was a complete waste of time to speak to the Parrot?
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 18:41
    @bigdogg said
    How about a story about a bunch of animals and a Parrot that kept repeating the same tired point over and over, such that the animals all realized it was a complete waste of time to speak to the Parrot?
    Well I see you’ve certainly attempted to answer the questions put to you. Well done.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 19:11
    @dj2becker said
    Well I see you’ve certainly attempted to answer the questions put to you. Well done.
    Thanks...I gave them the exact amount of time they deserved.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 19:16
    @divegeester said
    Why don’t you contribute to the discussion instead of moaning about fuk all. You’re so intellectually lazy.
    I've never been a fan of gangbanging people for no reason other than you lost an argument once.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '21 10:48
    @suzianne said
    I've never been a fan of gangbanging people for no reason other than you lost an argument once.
    If have nothing to say other that to berate me.

Then just up you demented harpy.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '21 10:50
    @bigdogg said
    Thanks...I gave them the exact amount of time they deserved.
    Zing!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree