1. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 06:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your little two-barreled question was surely just you taking the piss? If something seems true to me, then it seems true to me. There. Is that what you needed to hear? And I couldn't give two hoots if you think the things that ring true to Sonship also ring true to you. There.
    Of course something that seems true to you seems true to you. But things are not always as they seem. What certainty do you have that you are right and Sonship is wrong? And upon what is it based?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 06:50
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Of course something that seems true to you seems true to you. But things are not always as they seem. What certainty do you have that you are right and Sonship is wrong? And upon what is it based?
    Our beliefs are different. We believe different things to be true. You seem to be having great difficulty processing this. How "certain" I am means nothing to sonship, and how "certain" sonship is means nothing to me. It doesn't lend any weight to what the notions that he propagates. What certainty do I have that I am right and Sonship is wrong? What does it matter? What do you want, a percentage figure? I simply find it incredible. Just like what with my Muslim and Hindu neighbours believe.
  3. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 07:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    Our beliefs are different. We believe different things to be true. You seem to be having great difficulty processing this. How "certain" I am means nothing to sonship, and how "certain" sonship is means nothing to me. It doesn't lend any weight to what the notions that he propagates. What certainty do I have that I am right and Sonship is wrong? What does it mat ...[text shortened]... figure? I simply find it incredible. Just like what with my Muslim and Hindu neighbours believe.
    Do you think it is possible for Sonship to be right and for you to be wrong?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 07:32
    Do you think it is possible for Sonship to be right and for you to be wrong?
    Of course it's "possible". So what? Why on earth would I seek to claim that it's "impossible" for me to be wrong? What a stupid question. Why do you keep coming out with these piss taking questions?
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 07:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    Of course it's "possible". So what? Why on earth would I seek to claim that it's "impossible" for me to be wrong? What a stupid question. Why do you keep coming out with these piss taking questions?
    If you are right and Sonship is wrong, he has nothing to loose. If he is right and you are wrong, you have everything to loose.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 07:41
    If you are right and Sonship is wrong, he has nothing to loose. If he is right and you are wrong, you have everything to loose.
    Obviously, I don't believe I have "everything to loose". The stuff sonship claims about the peril I am allegedly in is where his ideology is at its most morally incoherent and nonsensical. I couldn't choose to actually and sincerely believe it even if you offered to pay me a fortune to do so.
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 07:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    Obviously, I don't believe I have "everything to loose". The stuff sonship claims about the peril I am allegedly in is where his ideology is at its most morally incoherent and nonsensical. I couldn't choose to actually and sincerely believe it even if you offered to pay me a fortune to do so.
    Sure, but the possibility still exists as you admitted that he may be right and you may be wrong, regardless of whether you find it incoherent and nonsensical.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 07:561 edit
    Sure, but the possibility still exists as you admitted that he may be right and you may be wrong, regardless of whether you find it incoherent and nonsensical.
    I can't just somehow choose or decide to believe things that I find utterly unbelievable because they are incoherent and nonsensical. On that much, I think we agree, right?
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 08:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    I can't choose or decide to believe things that I find utterly unbelievable because they are incoherent and nonsensical.
    You say Christianity is utterly unbelievable, incoherent and nonsensical, yet you used to believe it to be true. So it seems your perception can change.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 08:33
    You say Christianity is utterly unbelievable, incoherent and nonsensical, yet you used to believe it to be true. So it seems your perception can change.
    Yes and the Pope is a Catholic. And bears poo in the woods. Has it only just dawned on you now that my story is one of perceptions - assumptions, beliefs, faith - changing? Isn't that exactly how I framed it months ago when I first told you about it? hat's with these gormless questions, eh? It feels like your just straining to take the piss.
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 08:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes and the Pope is a Catholic. And bears poo in the woods. Has it only just dawned on you now that my story is one of perceptions - assumptions, beliefs, faith - changing? Isn't that exactly how I framed it months ago when I first told you about it? hat's with these gormless questions, eh? It feels like your just straining to take the piss.
    Everything you believe to be true today could all be false tomorrow. What a fun thought.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 08:41
    Everything you believe to be true today could all be false tomorrow. What a fun thought.
    I'd have thought that going around thinking this would be the sort of thing that a very intellectually insecure or possibly clinically depressed person would do. I can't think that that would be "fun" at all.
  13. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 09:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'd have thought that going around thinking this would be the sort of thing that a very intellectually insecure or possibly clinically depressed person would do. I can't think that that would be "fun" at all.
    You seem to be having fun is your world of ever changing truth.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 12:58
    FMFs hobby: attempt to destroy the faith of Christians. Just for fun. [...]

You seem to be having fun is your world of ever changing truth.
    And there's you asking me over and over and over again ad nauseam to sit here typing personal disclosure stuff about things that happened in past decades at your behest as if you command my respect.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 14:191 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Do you think the 'coming millenial age' is late?

No, not really.
    For some people on earth, when it comes they will think that it is too soon rather than too late. .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree