1. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    13 Oct '05 17:25
    God created the mule, and told him, "You will be mule, working constantly from dusk to dawn, carrying heavy loads on your back. You will eat grass and lack intelligence. You will live for 50 years."

The mule answered, "To live like this for 50 years is too much. Please, give me no more than 20." And it was so.

Then God created the dog, and told him, "You will hold vigilance over the dwellings of Man, to whom you will be his greatest companion. You will eat his table scraps and live for 25 years."

And the dog responded, "Lord, to live 25 years as a dog like that is too much. Please, no more than 10 years." And it was so.

God then created the monkey, and told him, "You are monkey. You shall swing from tree to tree, acting like an idiot. You will be funny, and you shall live for 20 years."

And the monkey responded, "Lord, to live 20 years as the clown of the world is too much. Please, Lord, give me no more than 10 years." And it was so.

Finally, God created Man and told him, "You are Man, the only rational being that walks the earth. You will use your intelligence to have mastery over the creatures of the world. You will dominate the earth and live for 20 years."

And the man responded, "Lord, to be Man for only 20 years is too little. Please, Lord, give me the 30 years the mule refused, the 15 years the dog refused, and the 10 years the monkey rejected." And it was so.

And so God made Man to live 20 years as a man, then marry and live 30 years like a mule working and carrying heavy loads on his back. Then, he is to have children and live 15 years as a dog, guarding his house and eating the leftovers after they empty the pantry; then, in his old age, to live 10 years as a monkey, acting like an idiot to amuse his grand children.
  2. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    13 Oct '05 17:37
    Originally posted by Bad wolf
    God created the mule, and told him, "You will be mule, working constantly from dusk to dawn, carrying heavy loads on your back. You will eat grass and lack intelligence. You will live for 50 years."

The mule answered, "To live like this for 50 years is too much. Please, give me no more than 20." And it was so.

Then God created the dog, and told ...[text shortened]... in his old age, to live 10 years as a monkey, acting like an idiot to amuse his grand children.
    lol
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    13 Oct '05 17:50

Then God created the dog, and told ...[text shortened]... in his old age, to live 10 years as a monkey, acting like an idiot to amuse his grand children.
    You forgot the 5 years as a vegetable at the end.
  4. Earth Prime
    Moves
    13 Oct '05 18:24

Good God! I just read a version of this joke this morning on an adult website. Isn't it strange when that happens? I'm being serious. Never heard it before and twice in one day, unless you frequent the same site and just made up a new version.
  5. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    13 Oct '05 18:28
    Originally posted by Coconut
    Good God! I just read a version of this joke this morning on an adult website. Isn't it strange when that happens? I'm being serious. Never heard it before and twice in one day, unless you frequent the same site and just made up a new version.
    The site I got it from was comedy-zone, does that ring a bell?

Anyway, I suggest you read the blonde jokes, they're hilarious! 😀
  6. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    15 Oct '05 12:07
    Originally posted by Coconut
    Good God! I just read a version of this joke this morning on an adult website. Isn't it strange when that happens?

You mean the synchronicity, or the fact that you were on an 'adult' website?
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    15 Oct '05 14:24
    Bad title.

Creation is not a theory. It is not even a viable hypothesis
  8. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '05 14:27
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Bad title.

Creation is not a theory. It is not even a viable hypothesis
    Do you have to be so pedantic, the title goes well with the post.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Oct '05 06:31
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    You forgot the 5 years as a vegetable at the end.
    You forgot about life support, that can go on for decades.....
  10. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    16 Oct '05 22:351 edit
    Do you have to be so pedantic, the title goes well with the post.
    Unfortunately, in the "spirituality" forums, pedantry has become critically necessary. Your story was interesting; the title fit it poorly, and was not well chosen.
  11. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    16 Oct '05 22:50

Well I like it..

That was Good Bad wolf!