the truth about personality

the truth about personality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
10 Jul 13

there is an interesting looking documentary on bbc2 tonight (for those who have access). its going to be looking at the cutting edge of genetic and neuroscience to find out what forms our personalities and if they can be changed.

i wonder if they will announce that there is some sort of spiritual soul with different levels of inherited sin that forms our personality?

Moves
10 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
there is an interesting looking documentary on bbc2 tonight (for those who have access). its going to be looking at the cutting edge of genetic and neuroscience to find out what forms our personalities and if they can be changed.

i wonder if they will announce that there is some sort of spiritual soul with different levels of inherited sin that forms our personality?
Your wondering about that is both genetically predetermined and a sin at the same time. 🙂

Moves
10 Jul 13

Or if there is a correlation between the size of a persons sphincter musculature and a lack of personality...

rc

Moves
10 Jul 13
3 edits

Ideas form our personalities which is then reflected in our behavior, Christ understood this 2000 years ago and now we need so called, 'cutting edge', (one wonders what its cutting, butter?) science to tell us what we have known all along, well, I dunno if I can respect that. Christian teaching can and does help millions of people to form a complete metamorphosis of personality through the application of Biblical principles, fact. I announce the death of materialism! Materialism is dead!

Moves
10 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Ideas form our personalities which is then reflected in our behavior, Christ understood this 2000 years ago and now we need so called, 'cutting edge', (one wonders what its cutting, butter?) science to tell us what we have known all along, well, I dunno if I can respect that. Christian teaching can and does help millions of people to form a complete ...[text shortened]... tion of Biblical principles, fact. I announce the death of materialism! Materialism is dead!
Ideas form our personalities which is then reflected in our behavior, Christ understood this 2000 years ago and now we need so called, 'cutting edge', (one wonders what its cutting, butter?) science to tell us what we have known all along

wow!!!! you managed to sum up every aspect of the complicated world of neuroscience in one paragraph!! we can stop wasting money on cat scan machines and investing money trying to understand and fix brain damage and mental disorders now that you and j.c. have it wrapped up. great work robbie, you can rest assured knowing that if you are in a car accident and have a head trauma the doctors can just use the bible and the wise words of the j'man 2000 years ago to sort you out........because we have learnt nothing since, have we???

edit: watch the doc tonight and see how material the human personality really is.

rc

Moves
10 Jul 13
4 edits

[b]Ideas form our personalities which is then reflected in our behavior, Christ understood this 2000 years ago and now we need so called, 'cutting edge', (one wonders what its cutting, butter?) science to tell us what we have known all along

wow!!!! you managed to sum up every aspect of the complicated world of neuroscience in one paragraph!! we we???

edit: watch the doc tonight and see how material the human personality really is.[/b]
you did not mention anything but personality and indeed, developing spirituality can help the adherent overcome all manner of ills related to the personality. Materialism is dead! Sorry but I am meditating tonight and cannot worship the God of science.

L

Moves
10 Jul 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Ideas form our personalities which is then reflected in our behavior, Christ understood this 2000 years ago and now we need so called, 'cutting edge', (one wonders what its cutting, butter?) science to tell us what we have known all along, well, I dunno if I can respect that. Christian teaching can and does help millions of people to form a complete ...[text shortened]... tion of Biblical principles, fact. I announce the death of materialism! Materialism is dead!
What does anything you are talking about have to do with materialism? 'Materialism' means what exactly, according to you?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jul 13

We know that it is possible to change behaviour.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jul 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
We know that it is possible to change behaviour.

The Instructor
Not for the most part sexual behavior. You should know that full well.

For instance, they castrate rapists and all that happens is they turn violent. They change but not for the better.

And the 'pray away the gay' deal. Total BULL SHYTE.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Jul 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
Not for the most part sexual behavior. You should know that full well.

For instance, they castrate rapists and all that happens is they turn violent. They change but not for the better.

And the 'pray away the gay' deal. Total BULL SHYTE.
You don't seem to agree with anything I say. You really got a serious personality disorder. Maybe some time in Hellfire would do you good.

The Instructor