1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 10:28
    @fmf said
    The "Jesus" that's widely propagated here on this forum?

He would probably say it's OK for Jews to have slaves and that it was it OK to beat them as long as they didn't actually die from the beating.

He would say he approved of genocides committed by the Hebrews earlier in history and that those atrocities were justified by telling themselves that God told them to do it and ...[text shortened]... d up to patently evil governments because those authorities had supposedly been put in place by God?
    So presumably you think Jesus is not being properly represented here.

Tell us, which Jesus did you reject then?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 11:46
    @whodey said
    So presumably you think Jesus is not being properly represented here.

I think Christians here represent their ideology and mythology as they see fit and sincerely. However, I have no reason to believe the same things that Christians believe about Jesus or about themselves. I think the post you are responding to went over your head.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 22:29
    @fmf said
    I think Christians here represent their ideology and mythology as they see fit and sincerely. However, I have no reason to believe the same things that Christians believe about Jesus or about themselves. I think the post you are responding to went over your head.
    Ah.

Thanks for the non-answer.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 23:101 edit
    @whodey said
    How can a person “reject” a person/deity they don’t believe exists?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 23:23
    @whodey said
    Ah.

My answer tackled your question head-on.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 23:25
    @whodey said
    Ah.

He never gives an answer, which is part of this dysfunctional forum. Answer my question, I will never answer yours is par for the course.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 00:37
    @eladar said
    He never gives an answer, which is part of this dysfunctional forum. Answer my question, I will never answer yours is par for the course.
    My answer to whodey dealt with his question succinctly and honestly and was bang on target.

What is interesting here is that neither of you appears to understand that.

whodey asked: "So presumably you think Jesus is not being properly represented here. Tell us, which Jesus did you reject then?" And I addressed the question without hesitation and in a crystal clear fashion.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 00:42
    whodey and Eladar, why not address my answer rather than pretend I didn't give one?

The "dysfunction" that there is in exchanges like these has got nothing to do with the way I post.

I think it has everything to do with you being unable to process a perspective that you disagree with.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree