1. Joined
    29 May '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 08:20
    Anyone else think the world might be coming to an end or is it just going through a rough patch? Everybody's heard this sort of thing before but I just want to get some opinions about what the hell is going on. Terrorist attacks becoming more frequent, the planet tearing itself apart with earthquakes, me not winning a single game on RHP... Surely all this misery must have some meaning behind it? Some call it "fate", others think of it as "God's will", personally, I'm inclined to think of it as someone's idea of a collossal cosmic joke with Earth being the unfortunate subjet. I'm just scared about what the punch-line is gonna be...
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 11:15
    I hated you most of all.
  3. Joined
    29 May '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 12:55
    Funny, I was about to say the same thing to you.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 16:49
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    I hated you most of all.
    So we have established you hate most everything including all of us. Tell me, is there anything you actually love?
  5. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 16:53
    Originally posted by D3vilBoy
    Anyone else think the world might be coming to an end or is it just going through a rough patch? Everybody's heard this sort of thing before but I just want to get some opinions about what the hell is going on. Terrorist attacks becoming more frequent, the planet tearing itself apart with earthquakes, me not winning a single game on RHP... Surely all this m ...[text shortened]... being the unfortunate subjet. I'm just scared about what the punch-line is gonna be...
    Who exactly told you the planet was "tearing itself apart with earthquakes"?
    He or she is a total idiot and should be the first we sacrifice in our attempts to appease the angry gods.
  6. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 16:53
    Anyone else think the world might be coming to an end or is it just going through a rough patch? Everybody's heard this sort of thing before but I just want to get some opinions about what the hell is going on. Terrorist attacks becoming more frequent, the planet tearing itself apart with earthquakes, me not winning a single game on RHP... Surely all this m ...[text shortened]... being the unfortunate subjet. I'm just scared about what the punch-line is gonna be...
    Weren't things even worse during WWII?
  7. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 16:55
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    Who exactly told you the planet was "tearing itself apart with earthquakes"?
    He or she is a total idiot and should be the first we sacrifice in our attempts to appease the angry gods.
    There also haven't been any major meteor impacts lately. Take a look at the Arizona meteor crater and smile 🙂
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 18:181 edit
    Anyone else think the world might be coming to an end or is it just going through a rough patch? Everybody's heard this sort of thing before but I just want to get some opinions about what the hell is going on. Terrorist attacks becoming more frequent, the planet tearing itself apart with earthquakes, me not winning a single game on RHP... Surely all this m being the unfortunate subjet. I'm just scared about what the punch-line is gonna be...
    I have heard comparisons to what is going on in Israel right now to prophecies that are similar to the current situation. One prophecy in particular is about Gog and Magog in Ezekial 38. In the Bible it says that the forces of Gog and Magog will all come against Israel to destroy her. It appears, at least on a map, that Gog and Magog refers to Persia (Iran), Ethiopia and Libya (possible modern day Sudan and Libya, and Gomer and Tagarmah (those of the north quarters which possibly include Turkey or Russia etc. or a combination of these countries or other countries) I will not say that this is what is occuring now but it is something worthy of consideration. We all know that all the countries in and around Israel want to see Israel destroyed with Iran being the most dogmatic about this occuring. As far as why the "countries of the north" would want to be involved, one can only speculate. I think it fair to say that Iran's oil rich status is a good enough inticement for other countries to aid their cause, however. Iran would benefit as well from such countries as Russia in terms of military might and weaponary and man power. It would make a nice little marriage, no?
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '06 17:45
    the world is an enormousely huge lump of rock and iron. I don't see it being destroyed any time in the next 5 billion years or so.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '06 20:49
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    the world is an enormousely huge lump of rock and iron. I don't see it being destroyed any time in the next 5 billion years or so.
    Assuming it is habitable is the question. Its mere existence does us precious little good.
  11. Standard memberKurtHoegh
    Critical Failure
    Moves
    15 Aug '06 21:03
    The Earth is not going to end. It's simply trying to get rid of us humans. And who can blame it? Currently humans are the only thing on the entire planet which keeps it from being perfect in every way.

So go Earth! You're behind on the scorecards, round 12 is coming up and you need the knockout! But you can do it!
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Aug '06 01:52
    Originally posted by KurtHoegh
    The Earth is not going to end. It's simply trying to get rid of us humans. And who can blame it? Currently humans are the only thing on the entire planet which keeps it from being perfect in every way.

So go Earth! You're behind on the scorecards, round 12 is coming up and you need the knockout! But you can do it!
    Thats for sure, the earth can get along fine with out the uh, 'help' of humans. It might take a few million years to get over the human hangover though.
  13. Forgotten
    Moves
    16 Aug '06 05:29
    Well considering that the 10 seconds has long since elapsed.What's next Nostradamus? 😕
  14. Joined
    29 May '06
    Moves
    16 Aug '06 08:33
    Originally posted by aspviper666
    Well considering that the 10 seconds has long since elapsed.What's next Nostradamus? 😕
    Well, my guess is that the planet still has some life left in it but considering how humans shorten that life- span with the things they do best (breeding, pollution, and killing), I reckon that mother Gaia may be dying more quickly than we give ourselves credit. For the record, I don't hate anyone, except snobs and maths teachers.
  15. Standard memberNumber 6
    Captain Blunder
    London
    Moves
    16 Aug '06 10:07
    We are a temproary cancer on the body of the earth. We can severley wound the planet, but in the process we all would die before her. She would eventually recover and the circle would be complete.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree