1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 09:33
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    What was before God?

Either God has always been, in which case anything else could also have always been (along the same argumentation). So, energy (or matter or whatever) will always have been. Since it has not always been the same, it has evolved (changed).

Or Something created God. And if something created God, what created that something? This wo ...[text shortened]... vine evolution of sorts.

No matter how you look at it, something evolved from something else.
    Yes, God has always been. Nothing else has always been.
    The word "evolved" refers to an evolutionary change, not
    just "changed".
    God was neither created nor evolved; and God does not
    change. (Source, The Holy BIble.) Why not read it?
  2. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 10:07
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    You IMPLIED it:

“.... scientists who do not see design are [b]CHILD ABUSERS
    ...” (my emphasis, your quote)

OK, I suppose you would now claim you did not mean paedophilia from “child abusers”.
    So what DID you mean by “child abusers”? Are you saying scientists who do not see intelligent design in nature are cruel to children in some ...[text shortened]... this?

does your hatred of anyone that disagrees with your religious beliefs have any bounds?[/b]
    Well, this is coming from someone who said that he did not care if his daughters died tomorrow.
  3. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 10:22
    Originally posted by lausey
    Well, this is coming from someone who said that he did not care if his daughters died tomorrow.
    What! Did he really say that!?
  4. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 10:28
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Why are you using words like paedophilia, cruel to children and hatred.......this means you are clearly creating straw-man arguments from thin air, and this is coming from your untruthful platform.

Is it not possible to embrace truthfulness and then speak.....instead of embracing untruthfulness at every opportunity to prop up false claims.
    “...Why are you using words like paedophilia, cruel to children and hatred ...”

Dirr -because you used the words “child abusers”:
    “.... scientists who do not see design are CHILD ABUSERS ...” (my emphasis, your quote)

“...this means you are clearly creating straw-man arguments from thin air ...”

didn't you say “.... scientists who do not see design are CHILD ABUSERS ...”? -YES OR NO?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 10:40
    What! Did he really say that!?
    "And if [my children] died tomorrow, it wouldn't upset me the slightest, because for the soul (the real person) there is no death." [9th Dec 2010] Thread 136237 page 4 onwards.
  6. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 10:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    "And if [my children] died tomorrow, it wouldn't upset me the slightest, because for the soul (the real person) there is no death." [9th Dec 2010] Thread 136237 page 4 onwards.
    Thanks, I was in the process of looking it up. 🙂
  7. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 11:111 edit
    “...Why are you using words like paedophilia, cruel to children and hatred ...”

Dirr -because you used the words “child abusers”:
    “.... scientists who do not see design are CHILD ABUSERS ...” (my emphasis, your quote)

“...this means you are clearly creating straw-man arguments from thin air ...”

didn't you say “.... scientists who do not see design are CHILD ABUSERS ...”? -YES OR NO?
    To be fair. Child abuse covers a much wider range than paedophilia. It will include things like neglect, physical and psychological abuse. Paedophilia is specifically child sex abuse.

However, I certainly don't agree that scientists who do not agree with design are child abusers. That is complete lunacy.

On the contrary. In light of the fact that Dasa would not be upset in the slightest if his children died tomorrow. I will say he is a child abuser.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 12:08
    you have all been found guilty of not ignoring vishva. the penalty is having to see another one (or several) of his threads pop up in the next days.
  9. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 12:10
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you have all been found guilty of not ignoring vishva. the penalty is having to see another one (or several) of his threads pop up in the next days.
    :'(
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 12:23
    :'(
    my decision is final so no point crying
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 14:58
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes, God has always been. Nothing else has always been.
    The word "evolved" refers to an evolutionary change, not
    just "changed".
    God was neither created nor evolved; and God does not
    change. (Source, The Holy BIble.) Why not read it?
    I have read the bible. Multiple times.

However, it was written by people.
    And suggesting that because those people wrote that God is the only thing that has always existed makes it true is totally absurd.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 16:16
    I have read the bible. Multiple times.

However, it was written by people.
    And suggesting that because those people wrote that God is the only thing that has always existed makes it true is totally absurd.
    "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching,
    for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
    that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every
    good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17 NASB)

"But the natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God;
    for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them,
    because they are spiritually appraised." (1 Corinthians 2:14 NASB)
    [From the Holy Bible - New American Standard Bible]
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 16:282 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching,
    for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
    that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every
    good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17 NASB)

"But the natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God;
    for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them,
    ...[text shortened]... appraised." (1 Corinthians 2:14 NASB)
    [From the Holy Bible - New American Standard Bible]
    I love that verse in 2 Timothy, the idea behind being fully equipped, or as you translation renders it 'adequate', for every good work, comes from the idea of a ship being fitted out for a long journey. One is reminded of course of life, which, like the sea, may be perilous and has its ups and downs, yet the man or women of God is equiped to deal with these.

'Natural', is not a very accurate rendering of the second verse.
  14. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 18:57
    To be fair. Child abuse covers a much wider range than paedophilia. It will include things like neglect, physical and psychological abuse. Paedophilia is specifically child sex abuse.

However, I certainly don't agree that scientists who do not agree with design are child abusers. That is complete lunacy.

On the contrary. In light of the fact that Dasa w ...[text shortened]... d not be upset in the slightest if his children died tomorrow. I will say he is a child abuser.
    “....I certainly don't agree that scientists who do not agree with design are child abusers. ...”

LOL

I think that would be a very difficult assertion for (most) people to disagree with.
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 18:59
    What was before God?

Either God has always been, in which case anything else could also have always been (along the same argumentation). So, energy (or matter or whatever) will always have been. Since it has not always been the same, it has evolved (changed).

Or Something created God. And if something created God, what created that something? This wo ...[text shortened]... vine evolution of sorts.

No matter how you look at it, something evolved from something else.
    Your using mundane logic to understand spiritual precepts.....cannot be done.

The only thing you need to understand spirituality is a thoroughly truthful heart and the teachings of Vedanta.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree