1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 14:57
    We sit on our Christian thrones, and think the muslems are a bunch of nut's for believeing the way they do, when the Christian religion has just as many far out concepts as any Muslem belief. Just the belief that all that are not Christian go to Hell is pretty savage in it's nature. Just think about it for a minute. For eternity you will be in great agony because you never did not get involved with the Christian concept of things. Thats very severe if you ask me.
    Of course I think the Muslems are out in la la land, but it does sort of irritate me when I hear some Christian talking about how radical and mean spirited the Muslems are when they have a lot of dirty laundry in their on beliefs.
  2. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 15:04
    Originally posted by buckky
    We sit on our Christian thrones, and think the muslems are a bunch of nut's for believeing the way they do, when the Christian religion has just as many far out concepts as any Muslem belief. Just the belief that all that are not Christian go to Hell is pretty savage in it's nature. Just think about it for a minute. For eternity you will be in great agony bec ...[text shortened]... l and mean spirited the Muslems are when they have a lot of dirty laundry in their on beliefs.
    Muslims
    nuts
    believing

I do not sit on a Christian throne, nor do I actually care what religion anyone else on the planet is or isn't. I don't think any religious group or anti-religious group is any more or less nuts than any other group, per se. Generally I tend to think people are confused when they don't agree with me on any and all subjects, but other than that...
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 16:16
    We sit on our Christian thrones, and think the muslems are a bunch of nut's for believeing the way they do, when the Christian religion has just as many far out concepts as any Muslem belief. Just the belief that all that are not Christian go to Hell is pretty savage in it's nature. Just think about it for a minute. For eternity you will be in great agony bec ...[text shortened]... l and mean spirited the Muslems are when they have a lot of dirty laundry in their on beliefs.
    "...and think the muslems are a bunch of nut's for believeing the way they do,..."

Although I don't agree with the Islamic faith, it's not what they believe that is troublesome, but what a minority of radicals do that causes me concern.

We, are not sitting on thrones. That concept is antithetical to the Christian faith which teaches us to be humble.

The idea that eternal seperation from God in a lake of fire is strait out of the Bible, and must be understood in the context of who and what God is.

God is Holy. No one with sin will enter into His presents.

Perhaps you think that that is a pretty radical belief. There isn't a more radical belief then that!
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 17:36
    Religion is not bad. Fundamentalism is!
    Fundamentalism in every religion is bad, if you ask me.
  5. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 17:49
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"...and think the muslems are a bunch of nut's for believeing the way they do,..."

Although I don't agree with the Islamic faith, it's not what they believe that is troublesome, but what a minority of radicals do that causes me concern.

We, are not sitting on thrones. That concept is antithetical to the Christian faith which teaches us to be hum ...[text shortened]... u think that that is a pretty radical belief. There isn't a more radical belief then that![/b]
    What I mean by sitting on a throne is the belief that the christian has the correct belief above all others. You know that's the idea. Without Jesus you go nowhwere but to Hell. I guess you can try to be humble, but there is a smugness in knowing that you will spend eternity in Heaven, and the heathen will not.
    As long as the Christian faith holds on to the Attonment idea of appeaseing an angry God with Blood from the Son so that all at least have a chance at getting out of Hell by accepting this concept, it will remain a stone age belief system. What an upside down view of a Good God. It's completely nut's.
  6. Joined
    17 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 17:56
    Originally posted by josephw

No one with sin will enter into His presents.

Yeah, i heard he gets very possesive at christmas with his presents.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 18:041 edit
    What I mean by sitting on a throne is the belief that the christian has the correct belief above all others. You know that's the idea. Without Jesus you go nowhwere but to Hell. I guess you can try to be humble, but there is a smugness in knowing that you will spend eternity in Heaven, and the heathen will not.
    As long as the Christian faith holds on to ...[text shortened]... ain a stone age belief system. What an upside down view of a Good God. It's completely nut's.
    Everyone believes they have truth don't they? Don't you? If not then why do you believe what you do?

It's a weak and illogical argument to say that because person A believes something to be true, and that person A also believes that person B believes something which is false, that therefore person A is arrogant and must be wrong. The truth is the truth, and truth is not reliant on the humility nor popularity of the holder for it's own justification. Notwithstanding that, there are some really arrogant idiots in the world, some who may be right about something and some who may be wrong.

What is your truth?
  8. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    21 Dec '08 02:00
    As long as the Christian faith holds on to ...[text shortened]... ain a stone age belief system. What an upside down view of a Good God. It's completely nut's.
    To expand on what Divegeester said, are you saying that this is limited to Christians? Are you saying that Muslims don't have the believe that Islam has the correct belief above all others? Doesn't Judaism believe that? Hinduism? Wicca? Flying Spaghetti Monsterians? Faith Whalians? Atheists? Isn't it rather common that a huge number of people believe tat they have the correct belief above all others, regardless of what they believe? You seem to imply that what some Christians think of Muslims is a one-way street.
  9. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '08 05:00
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    What he said. Totally.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Dec '08 07:21
    I can't believe you make this vacuous post just after it has been shown that Catholics, who constitute a major Christian church, accept that Muslims and Jews and atheists can all be saved. Most Christians, Catholics and non-Catholics, probably subscribe to a hopeful universalism that all people will be saved.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '08 08:14
    For me it's more extremeism than fundamentalism that causes the atrocities we see. I'm believe in the fundamentals of Christianity but I'm not an extremist.

As for the truth of a religion and which one is correct, I think you have to look past the organisations (in all faiths) to the fundamentals of each one to ultimately percieve which one has truth and real life.
  12. Break-twitching
    Moves
    21 Dec '08 08:59
    Well, I agree that there are some so-called Christian nuts out there; however, one cannot compare Christian 'laundry' to Muslim 'laundry'. Remember, not all Muslims are suicide bombers; however, practically ALL suicide bombers are Muslims. God doesn't desire for anyone to end up in hell. God is a Holy God and cannot tolerate sin. We all have ben warned, and whether you agree or disagre is moot. The Bible states that Jesus is the ONLY way to eternal life. If one doesn't accept Him as Lord and savior, then he/she has made the decision to accept the alternative: hell with satan and his demons. We can hem and haw all we want, but His truth shall be revealed.
  13. Break-twitching
    Moves
    21 Dec '08 09:04
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    What is fundamentalism? Many secular progressives lump ALL Christians who profess faith in Jesus Christ, disagree with abortion, disapprove of gay marriage, or simply following the teachings of Christ into the catagory of fundamentalist. If one profess to be Christian, yet approves of abortion and gay marriage is automatically 'cool'. The Bible states that when 'bad is looked at as 'good' and vice versa, then the last days for this wicked world are drawing near.
  14. Break-twitching
    Moves
    21 Dec '08 09:05
    It may seem like 'nuts', but it is the truth.
  15. Break-twitching
    Moves
    21 Dec '08 09:08
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    To expand on what Divegeester said, are you saying that this is limited to Christians? Are you saying that Muslims don't have the believe that Islam has the correct belief above all others? Doesn't Judaism believe that? Hinduism? Wicca? Flying Spaghetti Monsterians? Faith Whalians? Atheists? Isn't it rather common that a huge number of people be ...[text shortened]... y believe? You seem to imply that what some Christians think of Muslims is a one-way street.
    Funny that you use the term 'one-way-street' because you right. Narrow is the way to Heaven and eternal life, and few find it; wide is the road to hell and everlasting death, and many willingly seek it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree