Tig Notaro

Tig Notaro

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
08 Oct 12

quote:

"What's nice about all of this is you can always rest assured that God never gives you more than you can handle. (Pause) Never. Never. When you've had it, God goes, "All right, that's it." I just keep picturing God going, "You know what? I think she can take a little more." And then the angels are standing back, going, "God, what are you doing? You're out of your mind!" And God was like, "No, no no, I really think she can handle this." "Why, God, why? Why?" "I don't know, just trust me on this. She can handle this." God is insane, if there at all.

unquote.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/louis-c-k-selling-tig-notaros-instantly-legendary-comedy-set-20121005#ixzz28k2tJWSk

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Oct 12

Originally posted by JS357
quote:

"What's nice about all of this is you can always rest assured that God never gives you more than you can handle. (Pause) Never. Never. When you've had it, God goes, "All right, that's it." I just keep picturing God going, "You know what? I think she can take a little more." And then the angels are standing back, going, "God, what are you doing? You'r ...[text shortened]... -c-k-selling-tig-notaros-instantly-legendary-comedy-set-20121005#ixzz28k2tJWSk
Of course God know how much we can take. He made the human body. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Moves
09 Oct 12
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
Of course God know how much we can take. He made the human body. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
so has a child suffering sexual abuse from a parent taken enough, or can they manage a little bit more before they commit suicide?.....mmmmnnnnnn i guess only god can decide hpw much rape is too much. HalleluYah!!!! Praise the lord for all the raping!!!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Oct 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
so has a child suffering sexual abuse from a parent taken enough, or can they manage a little bit more before they commit suicide?.....mmmmnnnnnn i guess only god can decide hpw much rape is too much. HalleluYah!!!! Praise the lord for all the raping!!!
We all have our crosses to bear. And it is never too much, unless the human gives in and gives up. Some do give up and make the full leap into mental illness, but God also knows they have the power to come back, given the right amount of help. But one thing you are missing here is that the abuse comes from evil, it does NOT come from God. Deliverance comes from God.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
12 Oct 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
We all have our crosses to bear. And it is never too much, unless the human gives in and gives up. Some do give up and make the full leap into mental illness, but God also knows they have the power to come back, given the right amount of help. But one thing you are missing here is that the abuse comes from evil, it does NOT come from God. Deliverance comes from God.
Would you stand back and watch a little girl raped?

God does.

Cape Town

Moves
12 Oct 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
You must have contradicted yourself at least three times in that post.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Oct 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”
(Matthew 19:14 NKJV)

For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake
(Philippians 1:29 NKJV)

“Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.
(Romans 12:19 NKJV)

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
14 Oct 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”
(Matthew 19:14 NKJV)

For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake
(Philippians 1:29 NKJV)

“Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.
(Romans 12:19 NKJV)
How would you apply these?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Oct 12