1. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    24 Mar '10 01:36
    What is the "Times of the Nations" Luke 21:24 speaks of?
  2. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    24 Mar '10 01:46
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What is the "Times of the Nations" Luke 21:24 speaks of?
    The "Nations" refers to Gentile countries.

    When Israel was taken into captivity by Babylon, it was the end of their sovereignty. Since then Israel has been under the control of some Gentile power.

    The "Times of the Nations" will end at the second coming. Forever.

    Or "Times of the gentiles". Same thing.
  3. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    24 Mar '10 15:00
    Originally posted by josephw
    The "Nations" refers to Gentile countries.

    When Israel was taken into captivity by Babylon, it was the end of their sovereignty. Since then Israel has been under the control of some Gentile power.

    The "Times of the Nations" will end at the second coming. Forever.

    Or "Times of the gentiles". Same thing.
    Pretty good answer josephw. But could Rev 12:14 give a clue as to how long these Gentile times would be?
  4. Subscriberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Joined
    01 Sep '06
    Moves
    56453
    24 Mar '10 19:221 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What is the "Times of the Nations" Luke 21:24 speaks of?
    I'm GMT-4 what are you?
  5. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    34575
    24 Mar '10 22:41
    Originally posted by duecer
    I'm GMT-4 what are you?
    If the Times of the Nations is 21:24, then GMT -4 makes that 17:24. I am 14:24. However, right now it's 15:41.
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140352
    25 Mar '10 04:26
    LOL I'm GMT -7 currently @ time of post 21:26



    Manny
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140352
    25 Mar '10 04:34
    Revelation 12:14 NASB pasted from http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+12&version=NASB

    14But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she could fly into the wilderness to her place, where she was nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

    Explain it for us G-75?

    Manny
  8. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    26 Mar '10 11:57
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Pretty good answer josephw. But could Rev 12:14 give a clue as to how long these Gentile times would be?
    No. That passage or verse is not about that.

    Read carefully, and notice that after Revelation 4 that the "Church" is never mentioned again. That will give you a clue concerning the end of the "Church age".

    Right now, today, we are in the "Church age", or, if you will, the "dispensation of the Grace of God".

    But to answer your question. When this present age ends God will resume the prophetic program with the revealing of the Antichrist and the ensuing seventieth week of Daniel, or what is more commonly referred to as the tribulation period.

    The "times of the gentiles" ends at the second coming of Christ at the end of the tribulation.
  9. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    26 Mar '10 16:23
    Originally posted by menace71
    Revelation 12:14 NASB pasted from http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+12&version=NASB

    14But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she could fly into the wilderness to her place, where she was nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

    Explain it for us G-75?

    Manny
    First do you understand that these times would have started in 607 BCE when Jerusalem was destroyed?
Back to Top