1. Standard memberVillager
    Peasant
    England
    Moves
    02 May '06 22:22
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    I wasn't seeking to doubt your experience , infact , I believe you. I was trying to find out more.I found myself frustrated by your description (which I accept is subjective) because of some of the things you didn't say. The context is all important here. Any accusations of you being are 'lying scumbag' are in your own mind. I'm wondering what the othe ...[text shortened]... le thought about it? Had it happened before? Did they act surprised? What else do you know?
    I was exaggerating, knight, and wasn't referring to you in any case.

I ommitted more detail for two reasons. One, I don't know that much more myself. Two, I wanted to provoke a discussion on the nature of belief and knowledge, rather than an investigation into what it actually was that I did (or didn't...) experience.

That said, in answer to your questions, Li said that it had happened a few times before, though I didn't ask how many. He didn't seem particularly surprised either by its occurence or its severity. Other info: he blamed it on her 'lifestyle'; demons were occupying the spiritual void left by her ungodly behaviour. After the event she was lucid, and seemed only embarrassed that I had seen her. That's pretty much all I know.
  2. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    07 May '06 16:59
    Originally posted by Villager
    I was exaggerating, knight, and wasn't referring to you in any case.

I ommitted more detail for two reasons. One, I don't know that much more myself. Two, I wanted to provoke a discussion on the nature of belief and knowledge, rather than an investigation into what it actually was that I did (or didn't...) experience.

That said, in answer to your qu ...[text shortened]... s lucid, and seemed only embarrassed that I had seen her. That's pretty much all I know.
    As someone who goes in for a phenomenological approach as opposed to intellectual , I would be most likely to trust my experience over 'intellectual' logic. In this case maybe seeing is believing.??
  3. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    07 May '06 17:33
    I was hoping that we could discuss this without endless assertions that I must be a lying scumbag. I can't prove that I'm telling the truth, you can't prove that I'm not: let's move on.

_ _ _

The Book involved was indeed a 'holy book'. Does it matter which one? It wasn't the Bible. There were no Christians involved. The family are religious, but not ...[text shortened]... ss significance, but some sort of possession seems to be a reasonable conclusion.
    But the question whether it actually happened is kind of crucial to the question of what it might mean...
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    07 May '06 18:57
    What's even cooler is how you posted it here at TFC and here:

http://www.akpcep.com/index.php

Pray tell, por que?
  5. Standard memberVillager
    Peasant
    England
    Moves
    07 May '06 21:291 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    What's even cooler is how you posted it here at TFC and here:

http://www.akpcep.com/index.php

Pray tell, por que?
    I use two forums, and posted it on both. Has this violated you in some way?
  6. Standard memberVillager
    Peasant
    England
    Moves
    07 May '06 21:30
    Originally posted by dottewell
    But the question whether it actually happened is kind of crucial to the question of what it might mean...
    Well, if I made it up, it doesn't mean much of anything, does it?
  7. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    07 May '06 21:43
    Well, if I made it up, it doesn't mean much of anything, does it?
    Why, then, would it be worth discussing?
  8. Standard memberVillager
    Peasant
    England
    Moves
    07 May '06 21:58
    I maintain that it did happen.

I hoped that people would be able to discuss the implications of such a thing assuming it did occur, regardless of whether they believed that it did.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 May '06 22:14
    I maintain that it did happen.

I hoped that people would be able to discuss the implications of such a thing assuming it did occur, regardless of whether they believed that it did.
    - Do we choose in what to believe?

Here I think we have a problem of determining which type of free-will you are considering. Your question is similar to wondering if you choose your ideas. You can argue that some things make sense to you and others do not. But do you choose what makes sense to you and what does not?

Note that this also relates in an interesting way to insanity. If you didn't believe something like that was possible and you think it's rational to believe it didn't happen, wouldn't it make you insane in the eyes of those who have the same view on reality as you do/did and didn't experience it?
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 May '06 08:36
    I use two forums, and posted it on both. Has this violated you in some way?
    No, I am not violated and frankly I think it just shows you are full of--- how do I say?--- fecal matter.
  11. Standard memberVillager
    Peasant
    England
    Moves
    08 May '06 09:57
    And how exactly does it show that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree