1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '07 02:59
    Originally posted by saffa73
    Before you quote from the Bible, please bear the following in mind...

The Bible is supposed to be a work of non-fiction.

However, most things that happened according to the Bible have yet to be substantiated or proved, putting the non-fiction status of the Bible in serious doubt.

It remains a work of FICTION until the validity of it's contents can ...[text shortened]... efrain from quoting a work of fiction when defending or taking a stance on religion.

Thanks.
    You mean like the way Christ used to continually quote from the Bible/Torah? Annoying is'nt it?

But what of these scriptures?

Romans 10:17 "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God."

Matthew 4:4 "Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God"

So if faith comes by hearing the word of God and we are unable to quote the word of God then I suppose you are asking us to forgo our faith? Also, if Christ was right and we need to feed our spiritual man the word of God to survive just as man needs to eat food to keep his body alive, are we then to go on a hunger strike spiriutally?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '07 03:011 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The way that passage is written suggests that the Ten Commandments are elaborations of those two Commandments rather than alternatives to it.
    Very good! You suprise me sometimes ATY. Those that love God and his fellow man will not kill, steal, bear false witness etc, etc.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Sep '07 07:49
    Originally posted by whodey
    Those that love God and his fellow man will not kill, steal, bear false witness etc, etc.
    I thought there was some claim that nobody was perfect except Jesus. Does this mean that nobody loves God and his fellow man or did you forget to add 'most of the time' to your statement?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree