1. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 12:191 edit
    Tom Petty has been - as far news were concerned - dying in a delayed transmission. Muffled news drums were "informing" through different time zones about Tom Petty's condition, "informed" and denied and then informed again.
    In the moment when important paper had on its website "confusion about Tom Petty's condition", I could read a twitter "RIP Tom Petty".

And that limbo between fact ("fact"?) and news about the fact (confirmation of the previously uncertain news) meant a kind of stolen time.

That confusion, ambiguity - as before four gospels have been written - reminded (me at least) on situation when Jesus' grave was found empty.

That is the time when soul is pondering, having second taught...
    And from an earthly point of view, it should have been a moment of contemplation, which was - as always - missed.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 13:42
    Originally posted by @vandervelde
    Tom Petty has been - as far news were concerned - dying in a delayed transmission. Muffled news drums were "informing" through different time zones about Tom Petty's condition, "informed" and denied and then informed again.
    In the moment when important paper had on its website "confusion about Tom Petty's condition", I could read a twitter "RIP Tom Pet ...[text shortened]... ly point of view, it should have been a moment of contemplation, which was - as always - missed.
    JC's grave was found empty because he didn't die on the cross, but guards were bribed and he was cut down way early compared to others crucified, then slavered with healing herbs, not something you do to a dead person. He lived and knew if he didn't bug out of town the Romans would not be so nice next time, so he went out up the Silk road.

But Petty really did die, only 66, of a heart attack.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 15:08
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    JC's grave was found empty because he didn't die on the cross, but guards were bribed and he was cut down way early compared to others crucified, then slavered with healing herbs, not something you do to a dead person. He lived and knew if he didn't bug out of town the Romans would not be so nice next time, so he went out up the Silk road.

Yeah I'm free, free fallin'
    Oh! Free fallin'
    Now I'm free
    Oh!
    Free fallin'
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 15:462 edits
    JC's grave was found empty because he didn't die on the cross, but guards were bribed and he was cut down way early compared to others crucified, then slavered with healing herbs, not something you do to a dead person.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How did Joseph of Arimathea And Nicodemus (members of the Sanhedrin) take down off of the cross and bury in a tomb ?

From Wiki -

Matthew 27:57 described him simply as a rich man and disciple of Jesus, but according to Mark 15:43 Joseph of Arimathea was "a respected member of the council, who was also himself looking for the kingdom of God"; and Luke 23:50–56 adds that he "had not consented to their decision and action".

According to John 19:38, upon hearing of Jesus' death, this secret disciple of Jesus "asked Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus, and Pilate gave him permission." Joseph immediately purchased a linen shroud (Mark 15:46) and proceeded to Golgotha to take the body of Jesus down from the cross. There, according to John 19:39-40, Joseph and Nicodemus took the body and bound it in linen cloths with the spices that Nicodemus had bought. The disciples then conveyed the prepared corpse to a man-made cave hewn from rock in a garden of his house nearby. The Gospel of Matthew alone suggests that this was Joseph's own tomb Matthew 27:60. The burial was undertaken speedily, "for the Sabbath was drawing on".

He lived and knew if he didn't bug out of town the Romans would not be so nice next time, so he went out up the Silk road.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He didn't run away before. He set His face steadfastly towards Jerusalem and went up knowing that He would be executed. If He had no fear previously, why would he have fear latter ?

Your fabrication is nonsensical.

You can also explain how Paul could write a letter to the church in Corinth and say about 500 witnesses saw Jesus alive after the crucifixion. Most of them were still alive to confirm or deny what Paul was writing to the church in Corinth.

If the rescued Jesus was still alive and terrified that the Romans would find Him, how did He have the boldness to make Himself known to 500 witnesses that it was Him ?

The final penalty of the liar is not that no one will believe the liar but that he himself believes his own lies.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 16:291 edit
    That Tom Petty, such a heartbreaker.

RIP!

So what were his religious beliefs? Anyone know?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 16:35

The gospel according to sonhouse.

You really don't have a clue do you?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 16:41
    Originally posted by @js357
    Yeah I'm free, free fallin'
    Oh! Free fallin'
    Now I'm free
    Oh!
    Free fallin'
    That's what hear about outer darkness. That one is in a perpetual state of falling. Away from God that is.

I'm not saying that that's petty's condition at the moment, but in all the decades I've known him I never heard a word about his faith. Some people keep that to themselves, which to me seems at variance with the whole idea of the gospel.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 16:43
    Originally posted by @whodey
    That Tom Petty, such a heartbreaker.

RIP!

So what were his religious beliefs? Anyone know?
    Don't know.

But I liked the Traveling Wulberrys though.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 17:38

So you're saying that Jesus survived konz-lager and lived incognito as carpenter,and later made carrier in rock band, had a bunch of babies out of wedlock, seduced youth on West and East, suffered minor stroke at Woodstock 1969, and died year after in Mexico in an obscure hospital, treated for brain tumor (because Mexican charlatans misdiagnosed his stroke as something else)? Wow! You're confirming Dan Brown's story, man.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree