1. RDU NC
    Moves
    29 May '06 17:44
    OMG - not to be too teenage girly about (being a late 20-something yank), but... wow. the smoothest. buttery. medium smokey. lots of peat. i've been ruined.
    sorry this doesn't have much to do with religion or spirituality, except to say that it was a fairly religous experience.
    ohhhh. to sip it again with a macanudo in my hand. PLEASE GOD!!!

everybody should make a friend who can afford to serve you johnny walker blue.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 May '06 17:53
    Originally posted by Big Mac
    OMG - not to be too teenage girly about (being a late 20-something yank), but... wow. the smoothest. buttery. medium smokey. lots of peat. i've been ruined.
    sorry this doesn't have much to do with religion or spirituality, except to say that it was a fairly religous experience.

You realize that JW Blue does not really exist don't you?
  3. RDU NC
    Moves
    29 May '06 18:09
    that would be amazing. may be i had to much... air... before he got out the big blue box, broke to seal, pulled out the bottle, de-corked it, poured it into a glass and handed it to me. may be the fumes of the non-existant beverage effected so that the pamphlet that came with the bottle was not actually in my hand... oh nevermind. i don't want to continue the tangent.
    i don't want to argue the existence of this ambrosia. i just wanted to share the experience with some gamers and spiritual enthusiasts like myself.
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    29 May '06 18:12

Cheap thrill. 😛
  5. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    29 May '06 18:45

J.W. Blue ruined you? Have you tried Lagavulin?
  6. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    29 May '06 18:55
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Cheap thrill. 😛
    $200 a bottle ain't cheap.
  7. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    29 May '06 20:21
    Originally posted by bbarr
    $200 a bottle ain't cheap.
    I'd go bungee jumping with half that money -- a bigger kick, an NDE, hysterical screaming, all in one. 😀
  8. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    29 May '06 20:26
    I'd go bungee jumping with half that money -- a bigger kick, an NDE, hysterical screaming, all in one. 😀
    Well, you're not a scotch afficianado. Matters of taste, and all that.
  9. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    29 May '06 20:42
    Well, you're not a scotch afficianado. Matters of taste, and all that.
    Ah... spirit-ual connoisseurship.
  10. RDU NC
    Moves
    29 May '06 23:34
    J.W. Blue ruined you? Have you tried Lagavulin?
    i'm afraid so. i have been ruined. not i've not tried lagavulin. until recently my scotch of choice was dewers. how can i go back?
  11. RDU NC
    Moves
    29 May '06 23:35
    yes, i agree. there are wonderful thrills out there out side of food or alcoholic consumption, but i'd take great sushi, a macanudo, and blue label over most of them any day. call me crazy or lazy. i'm just... i don't know. decadent.
  12. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    29 May '06 23:37
    i'm afraid so. i have been ruined. not i've not tried lagavulin. until recently my scotch of choice was dewers. how can i go back?
    I'm so sorry. The same thing happened to me years back when I tried Basil Hayden's. You can't go back to Jack Daniel's after that. My pocketbook has never forgiven me.
  13. RDU NC
    Moves
    29 May '06 23:42
    I'm so sorry. The same thing happened to me years back when I tried Basil Hayden's. You can't go back to Jack Daniel's after that. My pocketbook has never forgiven me.
    don't tell me that. jack is still my go to guy in the evening. should i try basil hayden's? straight or rocks or (god-forbid) sour.
  14. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    29 May '06 23:47
    don't tell me that. jack is still my go to guy in the evening. should i try basil hayden's? straight or rocks or (god-forbid) sour.
    Try it neat. It is smooth and light, and finishes strong with notes of spice and honey. It's not cloyingly sweet like Maker's or Knob Creek, and fuller and rounder than Booker's (in my opinion). You'll love it.
  15. RDU NC
    Moves
    29 May '06 23:49
    Try it neat. It is smooth and light, and finishes strong with notes of spice and honey. It's not cloyingly sweet like Maker's or Knob Creek, and fuller and rounder than Booker's (in my opinion). You'll love it.
    will do. thanks much. from east coast.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree