True miracles

True miracles

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
11 Jul 05

I've always prayed for a true miracle to happen to me, and I feel that I have had prayers answered. Has anyone ever had something happen to them that was so miraculous that it could only be
called a miracle ? Something like a very severe illness just leaving for no other reason that could be explained. Or having a vision that was beyond explanation. These things are open to debate by the very nature of the subject, but it does fascinate me.

L

Moves
11 Jul 05

Originally posted by buckky
I've always prayed for a true miracle to happen to me, and I feel that I have had prayers answered. Has anyone ever had something happen to them that was so miraculous that it could only be
called a miracle ? Something like a very severe illness just leaving for no other reason that could be explained. Or having a vision that was beyond explanation. These things are open to debate by the very nature of the subject, but it does fascinate me.
miracles, such as those from the bible, involve supernatural happenings, and i see no reason why anyone should think they occur. if ever i experience what i may believe to be a 'miracle' (based on the conclusion that it is utterly and completely unexplainable and inconceivable by any and all natural occurrences), then i'll let you know.

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
12 Jul 05

I got lost on the north side of Chicago at 10 at night , in a new white minivan wearing a sportjacket and tie , ending up in one of the worst crime ridden projects in the city ; and got out without a scratch . You mean like that ?

s

England

Moves
12 Jul 05

a true miracle changes the way we personaly act in this life, making us better people. so no matter how small/large it is it becomes a personal thing towhich when trouble comes they can reflect on there own experiance. Yes ivew had my share and they mean little to others but to me lots.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
12 Jul 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Moldy Crow
I got lost on the north side of Chicago at 10 at night , in a new white minivan wearing a sportjacket and tie , ending up in one of the worst crime ridden projects in the city ; and got out without a scratch . You mean like that ?
In a sportsjacket you say? Hell I would have mugged you. And I like you.

d

Moves
12 Jul 05
1 edit

called a miracle ? Something like a very severe ...[text shortened]... ebate by the very nature of the subject, but it does fascinate me.
If you recovered from a serious illness for a reason we could not comprehend , does it mean a super-natural miracle?. It could have just meant that while our understanding of biology is extensive it is not complete.

Even now we discover seemingly unrelated factors which do somehow influence health.And it might also be that the person who claimed it was a miracle did not understood the proper reason for the recovery which someone else in the field could have.

There is also another problem with this "miracle healing".I will explain with an example. Near the place I live while people were getting rehabilated from the after-effects of the tsunami there come some rich american evingalists who began preaching in their brief visit that the persons who were saved owed their life to the grace of Jesus.
Now see the fallacy here. Does this mean that God hated the persons who died. It is not as if only the most good or most holy of the persons get saved.

Or take this example husband falls sick the wife prays to God the husband recovers. The recovery is attributed to the sincere faith and prayer of the wife. Another family the same episode happens so this time the wife did not pray sincerely enough??.

Of course all these might be attributed to the undecodable will of God which is the same as saying it is random.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
12 Jul 05

Originally posted by LemonJello
miracles, such as those from the bible, involve supernatural happenings, and i see no reason why anyone should think they occur. if ever i experience what i may believe to be a 'miracle' (based on the conclusion that it is utterly and completely unexplainable and inconceivable by any and all natural occurrences), then i'll let you know.
I love it when fundies talk earnestly about miracles and look dead hurt when, in the absence of any evidence, you disbelieve them. Evolution on the otherhand is just nonsense in comaprison

L

Moves
14 Jul 05

Originally posted by aardvarkhome
I love it when fundies talk earnestly about miracles and look dead hurt when, in the absence of any evidence, you disbelieve them. Evolution on the otherhand is just nonsense in comaprison
verily, when it comes to backing up their claims, the 'fundies' are the boxers and the 'undies' are the briefs -- only the 'undies' provide any support.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
14 Jul 05

Child birth, love, nature, are wonders of the Earth and life they are not miracles. Miracles are parting seas, feeding thousands with nothing etc

Say thanks for your blessing and ask for clarity of direction but don't expect miracles.

The prayers you speak of are a good means of centring thought, but you can do it consciously if you try.