1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 16:542 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Spit it out, GB, this isn't Posers and Puzzles.

Most of the folks here have a marked inability to use their imaginations.
    Actually, the imaginations here can envision many ways that 25 posts can have something in common; it is just that those possibilities exceed Grumpy's customary little list of allowable replies.

Edit: it is in the nature of chess players to entertain the alternatives to any proposal.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 18:041 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    Actually, the imaginations here can envision many ways that 25 posts can have something in common; it is just that those possibilities exceed Grumpy's customary little list of allowable replies.

Edit: it is in the nature of chess players to entertain the alternatives to any proposal.
    I have more important things to do, like winning souls to Christ. HalleluYah !!!

P.S. And taking a nap.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 22:36
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Yes.... They are called theists.
    Actually, that wasn't where I was going with it.

I thought we were the ones without logic?

I'm thinking that would make you guys the ones with no imaginations.

What's that? You're the ones with logic and imagination and we have neither?

Yeah, keep going. I suppose you also have all the good looks, all the money, all the other desired characteristics and we have none of it. Sure, whatever.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 01:07

Yeah, keep going. I suppose you also have all the good looks, all the money, all the other desired characteristics and we have none of it. Sure, whatever.
    Googlefudge is stuck in his imaginary world where evolution is the ultimate logic.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 18:491 edit

Ahh, I see you ascribe to the straw Vulcan fallacy.

Actually what I was getting at was that typically religious belief (and superstition generally)
    is generally (although obviously not exclusively) due to a lack of imagination and/or thought.
    (or simply a lack of applied imagination or thought)

As has been pointed out the OP was showing a significant lack of imagination in its statement
    that there was ONLY one thing in common with 25 of the first page threads when anyone with
    any imagination or thought could easily spot many commonalities.

I pointed out a couple, others pointed out more, and that was without even trying.

It takes a severe lack of imagination to spot what you think is a pattern and then just stop
    assuming that that pattern is the only possible one.

Which is pretty much exactly what you have to do to be a theist.

You have to look at the world and think that there is only one possible explanation for it without
    even bothering to try to think of any others.

Science, skepticism, and rationality, requires imagination.

Blind faith doesn't.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Apr '12 23:312 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

Two helpful hints: 1) Thread topic sentence is [b]factual. 2) The other five threads
    also have one and only one thing in common and it's the same thing.[/b]
    Twenty five page one threads have one and only one thing in common.

RHP Spirituality Forum commonality is the wide ranging diversity of thread topics...

unlike the General Forum which consistently exhibits sameness and uniformity.

🙂😀😉😛😕😠😳🙁:'(😞😏😵😲🙄 ... vs ... 😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 16:40
    Thread Closed.

..................................................................................................... .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree