1. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    07 Dec '07 22:09
    Originally posted by znsho
    1) Results of the two-split experiment shows that waves become matter when observed.

2) The two-split experiment shows that waves exist when not observed.

3) God / Allah is supposed to observe EVERYTHING, including two-split exepriments.

4) Since waves exist, they are not being observed.

5) It follows that God / Allah does not exist, since, if he / she / it did exist, then waves should not exist.
    It's not exactly like that, but there's a point here.
    If there's an observer who can measure a specific state, it would automatically alter that state. If God knows everything, we would operate on that state, and it would be definite, but we can measure it to be perfectly random.
    What does that tell us? NOTHING!!
    It simply means god doesn't follow the same rules of physics we presently know. It can be easily disproven to not be necessarily true.
    It's simply another evidence god does not exist. Nothing more, nothing less.
    It would be a proof only if you would presuppose God follows physics and that quantum theory is right.
  2. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    07 Dec '07 22:21
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    What I'm interested in is how mere human observation effects whether light acts as a wave or a particle. The fact that mere observation does effect light alludes to some direct form of influence, which may or may not be physical.

Perhaps it is the human soul/spirit which effects light from a place quite outside time-space, i.e., the sam ...[text shortened]... s direct participation. I'm sure He would be good-humored and graceful enough to oblige.
    What I'm interested in is how mere human observation effects whether light acts as a wave or a particle. The fact that mere observation does effect light alludes to some direct form of influence, which may or may not be physical.
    What we presently suppose it that both light and matter are both waves and particles at the same time. It's only theory, but I think it's the best we have. I'm not a quantum physicist. I won't go into details, it would only bother everyone.

Perhaps it is the human soul/spirit which effects light from a place quite outside time-space, i.e., the same "presence" which rides the electro-biochemical activity of our brains, and finds its expression there. After all, light occupies the demarcating line between time-space and timelessness (one foot in time and one foot in eternity, as it were), and it makes sense that if there is a spirit occupying the higher/deeper dimensions of which we are only dimly aware of, if at all, that it would communicate within our time-dimension through light and electricity; exhibit A: our brains.

Usually when I don't know something about a particular subject, I refrain from commenting about it. You just made a mixture of concepts and put it together in a paragraph that, although grammatically correct, doesn't make the minimal sense whatsoever. I won't even bother to dissect it. It's just plain wrong. Don't go into metaphysics when you obviously don't know about physics.
  3. Joined
    31 May '07
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 17:34
    actually this is fascinating. I disregarded it straight off because it's absurd. That's a logical fallacy though, I can't think of any logical disproof for it... apologies.
  4. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 19:50
    Originally posted by znsho
    That's my point. If the conclusion is correct, that observation causes waves to become particles, then all-observant God / Allah cannot ever witness waves. He / she / it is everywhere watching everything.
    that's like asking "can God make a boulder so big that not even He can lift it?" it's poor reasoning.
  5. Standard membermdhall
    Mr Palomar
    A box
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 19:59
    Originally posted by duecer
    that's like asking "can God make a boulder so big that not even He can lift it?" it's poor reasoning.
    Except, this "boulder" exists and the one in your analogy does not.
  6. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 20:16
    Originally posted by mdhall
    Except, this "boulder" exists and the one in your analogy does not.
    prove it.
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 22:312 edits
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Has anyone ever seen love?
    Good question.

I have a pretty good understanding of logic (even though it never shows up in my posts!) Even after years of studying logic, I still don't know what color or shape "the law of exluded middle" is. I also have no idea how much the "law of non-contradiction" weighs. And exactly how long is the "law of identity" anyway?

Is this a bust of physicalism?
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 23:011 edit
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    Good question.

I have a pretty good understanding of logic (even though it never shows up in my posts!) Even after years of studying logic, I still don't know what color or shape "the law of exluded middle" is. I also have no idea how much the "law of non-contradiction" weighs. And exactly how long is the "law of identity" anyway?

Is this a bust of physicalism?
    No. Love is invisible. You can't see air. However love can be felt as an emotion.

Those mathematical laws are relationships. A battleship is a battleship; a poodle is a poodle. There's the law of identity in material terms.
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 23:28
    I am most interested to observe that the anti-God group is as vehement in proselytizing it's dogma as the most fundamental christian or muslim.
    Wishful thinking.
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 00:30
    Has anyone ever seen love?
    No-one has ever seen you make coherent sense.
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 02:34
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    No-one has ever seen you make coherent sense.
    Ah, yes, the Personal Attack: the last refuge of a person without a rational argument!
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 14:515 edits
    =======================================
    I can assure you, mate, I do not go around executing or lashing people for being a believer and do not threaten believers with hell fire damnation or wave a knowing finger at them saying 'you will be punished'.
    =======================================

When the crew and travelers of the Titanic realized that the ship was sinking were they going around "threatening" people with chilly water getting into their lungs?
  13. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 20:57
    I'm really getting sick of all these health nuts threatening smokers with the possibility of getting lung cancer if they keep on smoking.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 23:33
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    I'm really getting sick of all these health nuts threatening smokers with the possibility of getting lung cancer if they keep on smoking.
    Fortunately for me that doesn't apply to marijuana smoking.

http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/news/20060523/pot-smoking-not-linked-to-lung-cancer
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 02:57
    Originally posted by jaywill
    When the crew and travelers of the [b]Titanic realized that the ship was sinking were they going around "threatening" people with chilly water getting into their lungs?[/b]
    No, they went around saying "Thankfully, the guy who booked you all on this boat, even though he knew it was going to sink, saw fit to provide life rafts so some of you could escape." 🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree