1. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    16 Jul '05 09:46
    Humanity seems so concerned with the after life that they totally miss the importance of this life. It's like not concentrating on your chess opening because yiou're too concerned about the end game, maybe thats it, the answer to life, is life is a game of chess and when the games over you get stored away wuith all the other chess peices. But during the game waht were you, a knight, a king or....a pawn? 🙂
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Jul '05 10:19
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    Humanity seems so concerned with the after life that they totally miss the importance of this life. It's like not concentrating on your chess opening because yiou're too concerned about the end game, maybe thats it, the answer to life, is life is a game of chess and when the games over you get stored away wuith all the other chess peices. But during the game waht were you, a knight, a king or....a pawn? 🙂
    I think you got that one wrong. Most people realise that what is happens in the afterlife in decided in this life. In the same way, if you are concerned about the end of your chess game you will make sure that you use the best opening.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    16 Jul '05 11:22
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    I think you got that one wrong. Most people realise that what is happens in the afterlife in decided in this life. In the same way, if you are concerned about the end of your chess game you will make sure that you use the best opening.
    But when the chess game is over, it's over. There is no eternal post-game paradise. You just try to play the best you can while the game is in progress.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    16 Jul '05 11:291 edit
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    Humanity seems so concerned with the after life that they totally miss the importance of this life. It's like not concentrating on your chess opening because yiou're too concerned about the end game, maybe thats it, the answer to life ...[text shortened]... t during the game waht were you, a knight, a king or....a pawn? 🙂
    Chess is a bad example to make your point with as Capablanca would have shown, the great players play every move trying to get to a favorable endgame , based on principles learned through experience of themselves and others.
    The rest of us struggle remembering openings , and if we don't totally mess up in the middle game arrive at an endame that whether Capablanca would consider a favorable position or not, we struggle right to the end hoping we don't mess up a "sure win"
  5. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    17 Jul '05 04:31
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You just try to play the best you can while the game is in progress.
    He he, I think that part is a fine perspective for anyone, regardless of "post game" beliefs. 😉
  6. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    17 Jul '05 15:31
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    He he, I think that part is a fine perspective for anyone, regardless of "post game" beliefs. 😉
    ‘Tis all a Chequer-board of Nights and Days
    Where Destiny with Men for Pieces plays:
    Hither and thither moves, and mates, and slays,
    And one by one back in the Closet lays.

(The Rubayyat of Omar Khayyam, LVIII, translated by Edward FitzGerald)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree