1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 11:52
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Funded by International Jewry, no doubt.
    Funded by the adversary.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 11:52
    Originally posted by josephw
    I believe the universe is very old. How old? Nobody knows. But I believe that God created man and all other living things that we know exists in six literal days. If there is a God He is certainly able to do it![/b]
    Really everything in the universe is the same age. It is merely dating how matter transforms itself into various states that is the issue. 😉
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 12:26
    Originally posted by whodey
    Really everything in the universe is the same age. It is merely dating how matter transforms itself into various states that is the issue. 😉
    Maybe. But matter doesn't transform itself.

Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 13:16
    I believe the universe is very old. How old? Nobody knows. But I believe that God created man and all other living things that we know exists in six literal days. If there is a God He is certainly able to do it!
    Just as a matter of interest, what do you actually mean by "all other living things that we know exists"? Surely you know that I am not that old and couldn't possibly have been made within the same six days as Adam? You did say the days were literal.
    Did you mean 'kinds' not 'living things'? ('kinds' is a vague term used by creationists to try to avoid all those difficult questions).
    You must at least realize that new species can and do arise from time to time.

I understand your argument about Gods infinite capabilities but that merely begs the question: how do we know that he didn't do it some other way? Maybe he made the universe last week in a 5 second period but incorporated all your memories etc so that you would think otherwise? If we reject that on the grounds that God is not so dishonest as to attempt to fool you in that way can we not also reject any other hypothesis that effectively assumes that he planted evidence for an old universe with life forms evolving over time etc?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 13:201 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Not so. You cant possibly be claiming that an electron created in a nuclear reactor is really billions of years old because the energy with which it was created is that old. That would render the concept of age rather meaningless don't you think?

Relativity also proves you wrong too.
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 13:54
    Funded by the adversary.
    Aided and abetted by the Bogeyman.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 14:29
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Not so. You cant possibly be claiming that an electron created in a nuclear reactor is really billions of years old because the energy with which it was created is that old. That would render the concept of age rather meaningless don't you think?

Relativity also proves you wrong too.
    You cannot destroy nor create energy. It simply transforms itself.
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 17:01
    You know, I gotta be honest here. If it could be proven that anything is in fact evolving I'd believe it. That is, evolving, and not just adapting to environmental fluctuations.
    I obviously can't speak scientifically about biology or anthropology, but it is painfully obvious to me that there are huge gaps in the theory of evolution that can't be filled by a ...[text shortened]... o kick against the pricks.

Just out of curiosity, do you know the meaning of this verse?
    How can you honestly stand there and say "I know nothing of this subject, except that it's rubbish"? I can't understand that. What are these "gaps"??

How can you know something is rubbish if you don't have at least a passing understanding of it?

Christians tried to feed me their rubbish, which is how I know THAT'S rubbish. It was all so illogical.

Do you know scientists just make it up? And if so, why? What would be the point?
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 17:07
    I don't like these "museums" either. I have said it before, Christians can believe a lie just as well as anyone else. Nobody has a corner on all the truth, and everyone believes something that isn't true and seeks to persuade others about it. It's the way the world is.

I'm not qualified to speak directly to the science behind evolution, but when science i ...[text shortened]... that we know exists in six literal days. If there is a God He is certainly able to do it!
    Why do you equate evolution with the inception of the universe. Evolution has nothing to do with that. Evolution similarly doesn't hold any position on the existence or non-existence of God.

Why do you Christians always try to pick a fight with physical evidence? The same physical evidence, paradoxically, that your own God created, you claim.
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 21:20
    If it could be proven that anything is in fact evolving I'd believe it. That is, evolving, and not just adapting to environmental fluctuations.
    This is like saying "I'll believe in evolution if you can show me something evolving that isn't just evolving."

What do you think evolution is?
  11. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 23:34
    You know, I gotta be honest here. If it could be proven that anything is in fact evolving I'd believe it. That is, evolving, and not just adapting to environmental fluctuations.
    I think I have a way of showing you evolution in action. But you would have to understand a bit about human interaction and a bit about your own family tree... you up for it?
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Jan '08 00:42
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    I think I have a way of showing you evolution in action. But you would have to understand a bit about human interaction and a bit about your own family tree... you up for it?
    Go for it. I hope you see this. I'll check back here in a few days.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 13:39
    Common examples of clear undeniable evolution:
    1. Domestic animals and crops. Do you deny that selective breading has resulted in new varieties of animals and crops? That is evolution.
    2. Common virus' like AIDS. Many diseases including 'nonliving' virus' are known to not only evolve but to be able to do so in remarkably short time spans. The most commonly observed effect is the evolution of drug resistance.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 18:46
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Common examples of clear undeniable evolution:
    1. Domestic animals and crops. Do you deny that selective breading has resulted in new varieties of animals and crops? That is evolution.
    2. Common virus' like AIDS. Many diseases including 'nonliving' virus' are known to not only evolve but to be able to do so in remarkably short time spans. The most commonly observed effect is the evolution of drug resistance.
    They, animals and crops, are not new "kinds" of animals and crops. A cow is a cow.

It's not evolution, it's mutation.
  15. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 19:35
    OK. Take a good look at your family tree, if you can amass enough info try to go back for four generations. What you are looking for is the sixteen people on that line, ie your great great grandparents. Then look for all the people from there to here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree