Update on Dr. Dino

Update on Dr. Dino

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
22 Dec 05

Dj2 and others here who have demonstrated a favorable estimation, ranging from sympathy to unchecked admiration, of Kent Hovind (aka Dr. Dino) will certainly remember the repeated allegations made by those of us with some common sense that the "Dr." had been in trouble with the IRS for a long time for tax evasion.

In the past, this information was brushed aside by unconcerned Hovindites as unfactual and unimportant. Now I can conclusively say that the con artist renowned for amazing audiences with his inanity will have a chance to work his magic in a Federal court. Hovind's greatest challenge yet commences on April 24th.

To view the docket for his scheduled hearing:
go to
http://www.ustaxcourt.gov/UstcDockInq/asp/CaseNo.asp

fill in the blanks with 11894 - 05.
Clicking on "View print docket sheet" shows the court date.

Why are these YEC's so promiscuous when it comes to sharing their tent in the battle against evolution?

"IDist that believes in common descent and an old earth? No problem. Willing to lie in court? Excellent. A suspected criminal? We've all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
22 Dec 05

Originally posted by telerion
In the past, this information was brushed aside by unconcerned Hovindites as unfactual and unimportant.

A suspected criminal?
Not sure who the guy is, but SURELY you are not using the IRS as a proof against the man?
A criminal organization acccusing someone of criminal activity?
I'm sure you can find more than this on the poor man. Try interviewing his grade school teachers to find out if maybe he was a bit of a smart ass in class, or something.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
22 Dec 05

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Not sure who the guy is, but SURELY you are not using the IRS as a proof against the man?
I'm sure you can find more than this on the poor man. Try interviewing his grade school teachers to find out if maybe he was a bit of a smart ass in class, or something.
I'm assuming you're american - i can't remember. Soooo, the majority of people in your country voted for the IRS. Why was there no candidate offerring to scrap it???

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
22 Dec 05

Not sure who the guy is
He's the guy almost all Young Earth Creationists call a crackpot.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
22 Dec 05

First of all, the phrase "proof against the man" makes no sense. Are you suggesting that I'm attempting to disprove his existence?

Second, his arguments are sufficiently uneducated and illogical to make refuting his points all but effortless. Of course, now that you've climaxed and can think more clearly you'll find upon a second read of the OP that this was never my purpose in the thread.

Third, given that his arguments are uninteresting, it is natural that we should look to his character and background as a source of great levity. When a famous Creationist is such an obvious scoundrel, it is fun to point out when he gets his desserts. By the way, there are a whole lot more skeletons in this fools closet, but that was not the subject of the OP.

PS: Even Answers In Genesis and Institute for Creation Research have rebuked Kent Hovind so you can safely agree with us without jeopardizing your relationship with Jesus.

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
22 Dec 05

He seems to not "believe" in the strong nuclear force; rather that Jesus holds atoms together?
I just don't know what to say except to just smile, nod and back slooowly away ...

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
22 Dec 05

Originally posted by scottishinnz
I'm assuming you're american - i can't remember. Soooo, the majority of people in your country voted for the IRS. Why was there no candidate offerring to scrap it???
That amendment was backdoored and been a constant source of loss, irritation and frustration ever since.
There is a movement afoot attempting to right the wrong. Pray.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
22 Dec 05

Are you suggesting that I'm attempting to disprove his existence?
No, I am saying that trouble with the Tax Mafia is not indicative of the character of the man. The phrase 'against the man,' refers to attacks on his character.

so you can safely agree with us without jeopardizing your relationship with Jesus.
Whew! What a relief. Thanks for setting my mind at ease.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
23 Dec 05

[b]Are you suggesting that I'm attempting to disprove his existence?
No, I am saying that trouble with the Tax Mafia is not indicative of the character of the man. The phrase 'against the man,' refers to attacks on his character.

so you can safely agree with us without jeopardizing your relationship with Jesus.
Whew! What a relief. Thanks for setting my mind at ease.[/b]
Did you, like "Dr." Kent Hovind, attend the renowned Patriot University?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
24 Dec 05

Did you, like "Dr." Kent Hovind, attend the renowned Patriot University?
Yes, but my frat days were much earlier than were his. I remember when we were learnin' out of the back of a 1967 Chevy Utility Van. Then it was just Patriot College. Those were heady days. Neither of us ever dreamed our alma matter would eventually graduate (get it?) to an actual house, with one and a half bath, and running water. His class was spoiled!

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
24 Dec 05

Yes, but my frat days were much earlier than were his. I remember when we were learnin' out of the back of a 1967 Chevy Utility Van. Then it was just Patriot College. Those were heady days. Neither of us ever dreamed our alma matter would eventually graduate (get it?) to an actual house, with one and a half bath, and running water. His class was spoiled!
Pretty funny. My first (last?) rec to you.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
25 Dec 05

Pretty funny. My first (last?) rec to you.
Thanks for the Christmas (?) gift. There's something in your stocking for you, too!

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
25 Dec 05

Dj2 and others here who have demonstrated a favorable estimation, ranging from sympathy to unchecked admiration, of Kent Hovind (aka Dr. Dino) will certainly remember the repeated allegations made by those of us with some common sense that the "Dr." had been in trouble with the IRS for a long time for tax evasion.

In the past, this information was br ...[text shortened]... t? Excellent. A suspected criminal? We've all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."
It seems that Mr. Hovind has never heard of "Render therfore unto Ceasar the things which are Ceasar; and unto God the things that are God's."

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
25 Dec 05

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
It seems that Mr. Hovind has never heard of "Render therfore unto Ceasar the things which are Ceasar; and unto God the things that are God's."
But, daddy, it hurts so much!