This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 15:101 edit
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Not sure if I'm going to get the range of opinions I'm looking for in the debates forum, so I repeated the thread here. While this is not strictly a "spirituality" thread, I figured I'd get a little traction here. I apologize in advance for anyone judging this out of place.

So apparently there's a Victoria's Secret store in D.C. that has a di ...[text shortened]... me here, or am I just nuts? I could not abide this kind of attitude in a mate for five minutes.
    From what I see there, I'd have to say that these people have a very unhealthy view of the human body and sexuality. This is not atypical among fundamentalists of many persuasions. The body is a fallen entity, a carnal temptation into all sorts of depravity. Sure, they'll respond with the customary "God made sex good," but this refers only to sex/body images that occur within the explicit context of a husband-wife relationship. Further such images/ideas must not discussed in public other than to affirm that sex between a husband and a wife is good, and certainly nothing explicitly or implicitly sexual/carnal should ever be SEEN! This leads to all sorts of wickedness.

What can you say? The wackos in this article are the same type of people who get their panties in a bunch about Barney the Purple Dinosaur and SpongeBob Squarepants. I'm just glad I'm not one of their kids.

What I think is more fascinating is that they are sufficiently disturbed by their eroticism from looking at a mannequin. Yikes. Try telling your kids about that!

Edit: Yes, they are morons. I do not give this people the time of day, well . . . except at RHP.
  3. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 15:52
    Not sure if I'm going to get the range of opinions I'm looking for in the debates forum, so I repeated the thread here. While this is not strictly a "spirituality" thread, I figured I'd get a little traction here. I apologize in advance for anyone judging this out of place.

So apparently there's a Victoria's Secret store in D.C. that has a di ...[text shortened]... me here, or am I just nuts? I could not abide this kind of attitude in a mate for five minutes.
    These people obviously have never been on the internet.

I say this is a free market issue. If enough people are offended, and sales are hurt at the store, management will make a business decision and take down the scantily clad dummies. But if more business comes in the door because of this little venture then management will stick to it's guns. They'll probably put up an even more risque display next time if this works.

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the tastes of the American public. 🙂
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 16:14
    Well, it kind of makes sense that the City of Whores (Politicians) would have a whore house.
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 17:45
    Question: "What sells more than sex ?"

Answer: "Sex combined with moral indignation."

Go and buy at Victoria whateva shop and you'll make a statement ! You'll make a difference ! You'll be somebody !
  6. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 18:01

7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 21:07
    I don't understand your point. What do you mean?
    Aren't you familiar with this century-old trick ?

For instance Elvis Presley's manager also used this trick to sell Elvis way back in the fifties. All these "news" reports and fake interviews with "pious" Christians claiming Elvis is an invention of the devil himself ..... an evil destined to corrupt American youth.
    Many clever PR people copied that marketing strategy. It seems that the Advertising agency hired by Victoria whateva shop decided to pull off the same trick. It is much cheaper than an all out advertising campaign and it is much more effective ..... don't you agree ?
  8. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 21:20

9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 00:48
    That's a pretty interesting theory. Actually, it's a pretty good guess, there, Ivanhoe.
    Here ya go .... 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree