1. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    04 Oct '11 08:53
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Karoly, may I please state that some rigorousness in the terminology is required first before we venture to rush where angels may fear to tread. Firstly everyone might just know that there are 4 books which are called the Vedas, containing the most ancient thoughts about God and believed to be " heard " by the Rishis who put them into words. Then comes t ...[text shortened]... o Ramayana and Mahabharata, to Manusmrti and other smrities. Only then come the Puranas.
    In continuation of my post dt.3rd Oct., I state:- a problem that perplexes many researchers is the time when these books were written, more so because of later additions. The puranas are the most recent ones. Bhavishya Purana may have additions made after British rule began i.e.after 1857 war of indepedence ! This is so because it predicts the rule of empress Victoria over India ! But it must be kept in mind that the 4 vedas and the 10 upanishads have been retained in their original form along with each and every word because of the tradition of committing them to memory and passing down the treasures from one generation to the next.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree