1. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    16 Aug '10 17:331 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Yeah... you are probably correct as usual. Next time maybe

dumb everything down. Any comments on the thread topic?

its too ponderous to read through

btw: good writing need not be dumbed down. It might help if you paid attention to the rules of grammar etc... and eliminated some of the run on sentences, then people might actually take a minute and read through your post. I am certain you had something important to say, but for the life of me I can't be bothered to read all of it.
  2. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    16 Aug '10 17:481 edit
    [b]Vertical Analogy

Most all RHP Member/Subscribers motivated to post in this forum have either played or watched baseball at some point in their lives. In baseball parlance, savvy diamond strategy has always been and still is to 'pitch and hit it where they ain't'. In terms of our mortal pilgrimage, which fields of human perception ha

........................................................................................[/b]
    okay, let me help you out a bit. It's not fair to level criticism without the benefit of constructive redirection. I have taken the liberty of rewriting your op in a manner that is likely to be read and pondered by your target audience, and less likely to be the subject of ridicule. Here goes:

Many who post in this forum have either played or watched baseball at some point in their lives. In baseball parlance, a well known strategy has always been and still is to 'pitch and hit it where they ain't'. This idea becomes important later.

In terms of human perception, which is your preferred field of choice? Empiricism and/or Rationalism seem to be the popular choices in which people make sense of the world around them, relying on what we see feel, taste, or on what we know or can prove to be true.

What if it's the bottom of the 9th, bases loaded, the whole season at stake and the cleanup batter at the plate defies common wisdom by laying down a perfect first base line drag bunt and the entire infield is playing habitually back without a clue that in this game it isn't about the first two fields of human perception, but rather by Faith Perception?
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    16 Aug '10 21:12
    Originally posted by duecer
    okay, let me help you out a bit. It's not fair to level criticism without the benefit of constructive redirection. I have taken the liberty of rewriting your op in a manner that is likely to be read and pondered by your target audience, and less likely to be the subject of ridicule. Here goes:

Many who post in this forum have either played or watched bas ...[text shortened]... n't about the first two fields of human perception, but rather by [b]Faith Perception
    ?[/b]
    No, I'm afraid it didn't help. I don't think this one can be resuscitated.
  4. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    16 Aug '10 21:20
    Originally posted by rwingett
    😞
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Aug '10 23:261 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Variations in language usage or personal style seldom, if ever, create primary obstacles to internet understanding. True especially whenever open hostility toward the source has already rejected any possibility of worthwhile content; and the reader's cynicism has already predetermined not to give the the writer a fair shake, nor the post an objective hearing.

6. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    17 Aug '10 00:57
    Variations in language usage or personal style seldom, if ever, create primary obstacles to internet understanding. True especially whenever open hostility toward the source has already rejected any possibility of worthwhile content; and the reader's cynicism has already predetermined not to give the the writer a fair shake, nor the post an objective hearing.

yes of course, you are such a martyr....oh how you suffer for your work eh?

style and usage have everything to do with it
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    17 Aug '10 01:58

Cry us a river, Grampy.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '10 02:073 edits

No chance that it's because so often your "messages" are platitudes wrapped in layers of self-indulgent bombast?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Aug '10 03:12
    Let's stand upright on our wobbly hind legs, guys, and face the facts: 1) that we're all

still pitiful works in progress and 2) the work yet to be done isn't about punctuation.

10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    17 Aug '10 10:10
    Let's stand upright on our wobbly hind legs, guys, and face the facts: 1) that we're all

still pitiful works in progress and 2) the work yet to be done isn't about punctuation.

This self-loathing that your religion fosters is its most perverse feature.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Aug '10 13:02
    Thesis: Empiricism, Rationalism, Faith Perception serve to provide both

the cognitive mechanics and continual dynamics of our thought process.

Antithesis: ???

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree