1. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 17:01
    8 Republican school board members get the boot. Nice work PA. Sasquatch did you have a hand in this?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/11/09/evolution.showdown.ap/index.html

"DOVER, Pennsylvania (AP) -- Voters came down hard Tuesday on school board members who backed a statement on intelligent design being read in biology class, ousting eight Republicans and replacing them with Democrats who want the concept stripped from the science curriculum."
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 17:37

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 19:00
    A similar controversy has erupted in Kansas, where the state Board of Education on Tuesday approved science standards for public schools that cast doubt on the theory of evolution. The 6-4 vote was a victory for intelligent design advocates who helped draft the standards.

4. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 19:08

5. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 19:22
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [b]A similar controversy has erupted in Kansas, where the state Board of Education on Tuesday approved science standards for public schools that cast doubt on the theory of evolution. The 6-4 vote was a victory for intelligent design advocates who helped draft the standards.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/11/09/evolution.showdown.ap/index.html[/b]
    Yeah I know. I saw that one earlier. That's why I was so happy about the one in PA.

That bunch of morons on the school board in Kansas have placed religion above education. That's the first step towards becoming a society that recruits men to fly planes into buildings.
  6. Cosmos
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 19:24
    Why is it that intelligent design is only believed by unintelligent people?
  7. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 19:24
    Originally posted by wib
    8 Republican school board members get the boot. Nice work PA. Sasquatch did you have a hand in this?

"DOVER, Pennsylvania (AP) -- Voters came down hard Tuesday on school board members who backed a statement on intelligent design being read in biology class, ousting eight Republica ...[text shortened]... s and replacing them with Democrats who want the concept stripped from the science curriculum."
    Yes! I think all it takes to defeat this stupidity is to get apathetic voters to pay attention. Same goes for all these stupid proposals that right-wingers are so found of.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 19:26
    Originally posted by wib
    Yeah I know. I saw that one earlier. That's why I was so happy about the one in PA.

That bunch of morons on the school board in Kansas have placed religion above education. That's the first step towards becoming a society that recruits men to fly planes into buildings.
    I predict the same backlash in Kansas. It happened back in what '99? Again, voters falling asleep at the wheel. Then they hear the plastic warning strip. Thump, thump, thump, thump. They wake up and pull the car back from the brink of destruction.
  9. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 19:30
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Why is it that intelligent design is only believed by unintelligent people?
    I have a theory about that Howard. It also ties in with the political success we've seen from the Republicans in the last 10 years.

Stupid people are easier to herd.

🙂
  10. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 19:37
    Originally posted by telerion
    I predict the same backlash in Kansas. It happened back in what '99? Again, voters falling asleep at the wheel. Then they hear the plastic warning strip. Thump, thump, thump, thump. They wake up and pull the car back from the brink of destruction.
    I hope you're right. Yeah ya know, you're probably right. It's just apathy on the part of the people with some damn sense in their head. Let us hope that the car hits warning strip soon.
  11. Joined
    10 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 19:48

12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 19:50
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    I'm going to write to my Congressman and insist that he draft legislation causing any state that mandates the teaching of intelligent design to be automatically and involutarily seceded. Then we build a very large wall around it and allow nothing in or out. I can get my filet mignon from somewhere else.
    Add my voice to that letter, as my Congresswoman graduated from Pensacola Bible College, and cannot represent me.
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 19:56
    Originally posted by helpmespock
    Great, things will change now for sure! Not! 8 new stiffs to sit on their ass and get paid for grazing....,.When are you folks going to recognize the republicans are no longer republicans, and the Dems are no longer Dems? The two parties have formed an ineffectual hybrid. Washington warned the country 200+ years ago, a two party system is doomed to failu ...[text shortened]... real impact in the end,cept at the voting booth. Meanwhile the country is going down the tubes!
    It sure mattered in Dover. Besides it's not about Republican vs. Democrat there. It's about Special Creationist Religious Agenda vs. Scientific Education for Kids.

I say throw the YEC bums out on the street. The head one was a liar in court. I noticed that he received the fewest votes of the main board. Way to go Dover! Now to Kansas! There are abused children to be saved!
  14. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 20:00

15. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 20:01

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree