1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 17:40
    Since non-theists are perpetually accused of waging a so called 'war on christmas' every year, Austin Cline (the host of the agnostic/atheist site at about.com) has assembled a collection of posters designed to match the perceived assault. They're mostly WWII propoganda posters in which the text has been suitably altered for the occasion. You're sure to find one or two to either amuse or outrage you, depending whose trenches you're in this year:

http://atheism.about.com/od/newschristmaswars/ig/War-on-Christmas-Propaganda/index.htm

If you enjoyed those, there's a larger collection of similar items mocking the religious right in general:

http://atheism.about.com/od/religiousright/ig/Christian-Propaganda-Posters/index.htm

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 18:20
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Since non-theists are perpetually accused of waging a so called 'war on christmas' every year, Austin Cline (the host of the agnostic/atheist site at about.com) has assembled a collection of posters designed to match the perceived assault. They're mostly WWII propoganda posters in which the text has been suitably altered for the occasion. You're sure to fin ...[text shortened]... about.com/od/religiousright/ig/Christian-Propaganda-Posters/index.htm

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
    Do you equate "religious" and "political right" ?
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 18:221 edit
    Since non-theists are perpetually accused of waging a so called 'war on christmas' every year, Austin Cline (the host of the agnostic/atheist site at about.com) has assembled a collection of posters designed to match the perceived assault. They're mostly WWII propoganda posters in which the text has been suitably altered for the occasion. You're sure to fin about.com/od/religiousright/ig/Christian-Propaganda-Posters/index.htm

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
    "Crush a Creche" seems the pithiest and most memorable, if a bit harsh.

How could even a heartless atheist like you take away Jesus from this innocent child?:'( http://z.about.com/d/atheism/1/6/P/z/2/SaveJesusForHer-e.jpg
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 19:19
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Do you equate "religious" and "political right" ?
    No. There are many liberal theologians. But the religious right is getting all the press these days.
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 01:03
    No. There are many liberal theologians. But the religious right is getting all the press these days.
    They are sooo clever ..... 😛
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 01:10
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    They are sooo clever ..... 😛
    Who? The liberal theologians or the religious right?
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 01:15
    I think a War on Christmas expansion set to the Left Behind video game would be tight.
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 01:19
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I think a War on Christmas expansion set to the Left Behind video game would be tight.
    Shirley from God Hates Fags would have to be in it.
  9. Joined
    29 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 07:32
    Since non-theists are perpetually accused of waging a so called 'war on christmas' every year, Austin Cline (the host of the agnostic/atheist site at about.com) has assembled a collection of posters designed to match the perceived assault. They're mostly WWII propoganda posters in which the text has been suitably altered for the occasion. You're sure to fin ...[text shortened]... about.com/od/religiousright/ig/Christian-Propaganda-Posters/index.htm

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
    Awesome. It always bothered me that christmas, a religious holiday, is recognised as a public holiday by a government which is suppose to be secular. It seems akin to putting "in god we trust" on money, and always makes me angry at this time of year. Grrrr.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree