1. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 04:20
    i'm right and you are wrong? i'm more inteligent than you?

Christianity vs Atheism...

i haven't had much to do with atheism untill RHP, so my experience is limited mostly to this website. the law of odds will mostly favour the atheist in the intelligent battles of life due to the time spent and numbers... it is proberbly the upbringing of most children. numbers and time don't prove God's non-existance to me. He isn't found through good works, inteligence or religion. if he is it's more than likely wrong.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 04:42
    Originally posted by Kaboooomba

...[text shortened]... found through good works, inteligence or religion. if he is it's more than likely wrong.
    Well said.
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 04:43

...[text shortened]... found through good works, inteligence or religion. if he is it's more than likely wrong.
    Kaboooomba,

No amount of physical evidence will ever convince a true believer in god that he or she is wrong. It is their entitlement to believe whatever they will. A good, well planned and implemented experiment that definitively proved the existance of god would (should?) convince all but the most stanchly militaristic athiest of god's existance. Of course, such an experiment is absolutely impossible, and no physical evidence exists of god. Indeed, stacks of evidence exists that disproves the bible - a good reason why many athiests are athiests. The evidence just doesn't stack up.

Turn it into a war if you will, your choice, not mine.
  4. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 05:26

Not sure quite what you mean by this and I'm not sure about your characterisation of atheists as being typically ... more intelligent (? - is that what you meant?) ... although I'm more than happy to be thought so.
    But really your point is pretty much belaboured throughout this forum. In the ned I'm not sure what our arguments hope to demonstrate ... actually having just said that, what's the point of it all ... I think I'll just go out the back and shoot myself ....
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 05:31
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Kaboooomba,

No amount of physical evidence will ever convince a true believer in god that he or she is wrong. It is their entitlement to believe whatever they will. A good, well planned and implemented experiment that definitively proved the existance of god would (should?) convince all but the most stanchly militaristic athiest of god's exis ...[text shortened]... The evidence just doesn't stack up.

Turn it into a war if you will, your choice, not mine.
    look there goes Jesus!

this is something the Bible talks about in revelations. i guess this is how mentally ill some people are going to become to actually believe someone is Jesus.😕 . the Bible says not to believe it, yet that simple part among others are going to be robbed.

this is what i see happen in the war between Atheism and Christianity... it robs what the Bible says. to be honest i don't know if it is a good thing or bad, as the quicker God's purpose is accomplished the quicker Jesus will actually return.
  6. Joined
    25 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 22:13
    look there goes Jesus!

this is something the Bible talks about in revelations. i guess this is how mentally ill some people are going to become to actually believe someone is Jesus.😕 . the ...[text shortened]... g or bad, as the quicker God's purpose is accomplished the quicker Jesus will actually return.
    trust the religous side to turn it into a war....
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 00:26
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Well said.
    Only you could think that was well said.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 23:46
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Only you could think that was well said.
    i love you too, darling.
  9. Joined
    10 Mar '06
    Moves
    22 Mar '06 01:41
    look there goes Jesus!

this is something the Bible talks about in revelations. i guess this is how mentally ill some people are going to become to actually believe someone is Jesus.😕 . the ...[text shortened]... g or bad, as the quicker God's purpose is accomplished the quicker Jesus will actually return.
    buddhism predates christianity by 500 years. gautama siddartha was supposedely born out of his mothers side at the level of the heart chakra. this is the same thing as a virgin birth. the greeks had many stories of virgin births and luke, whose gospel reports the virgin birth, was greek. plus there is the whole thing about the mistranslation of 'young woman' into 'virgin', etc. i'm not trying to convince you that christianity is a hoax or anything, just that the story of christ is not meant to be taken literally. the virgin birth is not a physical birth, it is the birth of spiritual man from the animal man. christ was really born on 25 dec.? no, that is the winter solstice, where the days start to become longer again - the birth of light. there is much good to be taken from christianity but reading it as if it were history misses the whole point. does your god only concern him or her self with telling you what the earth used to be like? don't you think that it makes more sense that encoded in these stories are morals on how to live? so please, don't pray for revelations because it has already happened.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 Mar '06 16:16
    Where did you get this idea that most children are brought up atheist?

I like this part:

[God] isn't found through good works, inteligence or religion. if he is it's more than likely wrong.

😉
  11. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    23 Mar '06 00:28
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung

I like this part:

[b][God] isn't found through good works, inteligence or religion. if he is it's more than likely wrong.

😉[/b]
    All children are born atheist though.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '06 05:10

I like this part:

[b][God] isn't found through good works, inteligence or religion. if he is it's more than likely wrong.

😉[/b]
    schooling.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    23 Mar '06 11:46
    schooling.
    You were taught in school that most people are raised atheists? What school would that be?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '06 11:49
    You were taught in school that most people are raised atheists? What school would that be?
    science.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree